Quantcast

A quick roadtrip update

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Traveling cross country until late October and I've gotten tons of photos. Limited mountain biking though.

Stopped in Breckenridge, CO though last night and after a night at 9,600 ft I did a 30 mile ride on the Colorado Trail. Absolutely amazing trails and I made a friend or two while out riding.

Basically, imagine that you are hitting these trails with burning legs and lungs for the first couple miles, then 30 mph downhills the rest of the way.

Start of the trail, 200' up from camp. 9,700'

Nearing the top, something like 11,000'+

Bad panoramic of a switchback.

That is all for now. Though I'll leave you this gem from Boulder, CO.

The Ito

P.S. More from the roadtrip if you are interested. But that is all for now, gotta go shred Fruita!

http://scu.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2046081&l=0e87d&id=7301122

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Hey man, good to hear things are going well. Breck is a cool place to ride. The town itself is not so great, but the CO trail and some other stuff around there is really nice. CO trail has some super fast spots there that you don't see on the east coast at all. I took these riding on the CO trail last year in Breck:

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Ya, James, your photos were inspiration for me to stop in Breck and camp for a little bit and ride.

Just got done with 4 days in Fruita. Rode 18 Road, Andy's Loop, the Ribbon, Eagles, Holy Cross (totally sweet!), and trail 2 and Western Rim out at Rabbit Valley (greatest views ever.

A ride report and some more pictures will come later in the week. Someday I'll break down and buy a real P&S camera.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Hey man, good to hear things are going well. Breck is a cool place to ride. The town itself is not so great, but the CO trail and some other stuff around there is really nice. CO trail has some super fast spots there that you don't see on the east coast at all. I took these riding on the CO trail last year in Breck:

Appears to be Miner's Trail portion? :thumb: