Quantcast

A quick thought about Iraq & Presidential Candidates:

firemandivi

They drank my Tooters
Sep 7, 2006
a state called denial
You have a problem with muslims, whatever. The fact of the matter is that Iraq has been fairly peaceful before and can be again. Obviously, different steps need to be taken. Leaving the people to rot will not only empower those fundamentalist types who use terrorism as a tool to kill Christians, non muslims, etc., but it will also just plain screw over plenty of good people who didnt do a damn thing wrong.
So what is your solution to the problem besides complaining that there is no one to vote for?

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
BS, to answer your original post, I think it's too early. With a mixed breed field of candidates who feel like it's their divine right to be running to all the usual not a hope in hell candidates cluttering the stage, it's hard to get a true feel. 30 seconds on a debate stage sharing time with nuts like Kucinich and Keyes doesn't give the rue picture. And right now, they're all saying whatever they think Iowans want to hear. Wait it out until we get down to the 2 candidates and then decide. This time for me personally, i'll be looking a WHOLE lot closer at the VP candidates..

And since when was corn fvck Iowa allowed to have such a shaping force on our national politics?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Currently, I think the war in Iraq has to be the biggest issue of the upcoming election and current US politics, yet I cant seem to identify a candidate who views this conflict or its resolution in a reasonable manner.
the following is the unabridged list of all continuations of war funding resolutions, bills, measures, etc. rejected by the democratic-controlled congress, elected on a largely anti-bush-let's-pull-out-and-have-the-troops-home-by-christmas-of-2007:
  • {}
not to pick on the dems; rather, to point out change in that region is glacial, and though it may appear to be "more of the same", it's steadily turning.
if it helps, think of iraq as an aircraft carrier, but with slightly fewer chlamydia vectors
Any candidates got something similar in mind?
they'll all tell you whatever your ears itch to hear.