Quantcast

A random little thought

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
Ok Chain Reaction Cycles have a team that currently rides Intense frames.
Chain Reaction also own Nuke Proof ...(see where I'm going here?)
Nuke Proof have a prototype DH frame that will be released sometime in the future.

So how long before we see Chris Kovarik an crew riding something other than an Intense frame???

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Their 4x rider (lukas machira ?) has raced on a nukeproof hardtail, but i doubt the team will start using nukeproof full sus frames

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
Id expect them to be on nuke proof frames next year, they really are going to be good frames!

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
Haha, Nuke proof are owned by Hotlines, Chain reaction owns Hotlines. They will only be making themselves alot more money via promotion.

primo661

Monkey
Jun 16, 2008
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Corporate no-no number one: Steal from one company to cover the losses of another.
Cannondale found that out the hard way, they took money from their mtb department to fund research for their motos and they fell on their face.
The question is, with Nuke proof being owned by Chain Reaction, can the promotion and subsequent sales boost make up the money they lost from dropping the Intense sponsorship dollars? Again, I doubt it.

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
Haha, Nuke proof are owned by Hotlines, Chain reaction owns Hotlines. They will only be making themselves alot more money via promotion.
Corporate no-no number one: Steal from one company to cover the losses of another.
Cannondale found that out the hard way, they took money from their mtb department to fund research for their motos and they fell on their face.
The question is, with Nuke proof being owned by Chain Reaction, can the promotion and subsequent sales boost make up the money they lost from dropping the Intense sponsorship dollars? Again, I doubt it.
Muttely is right, its a win win situation for Chain Reaction. Chain reaction select Intense as a co-sponsor because Intense frames are their flagship products for the DH crowd, replacing that co-sponsor with what is essentially going to be their own brand is the smart move as there is obviously going to be greater margins in selling own brand products vs Intense's.

This is all of course assuming that they do plan to switch to Nukeproof frames.

Chain Reaction are a huge operation, they could probably pay for the whole team on their own several times over already without breaking the bank.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
It's not Giant/Specialized, it's Intense. They are very hyped company but not really that huge. I doubt they have crazy amounts of cash to drop on sponsorshi.

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
I doubt Intense is footing much of the CRC team bill. Bikes, yes. Big money, I highly doubt.

Seems reasonable to put your premiere marketing force (CRC team) on products you have financial interest in.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
To make that change, they'd have to be pretty confident about their bikes. It would be pretty embarrassing if their results dropped after switching.

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Do you think the bikes make all that much difference? Seems to me if the geo was close enough a pro could rock up to the start line on just about anything.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
To make that change, they'd have to be pretty confident about their bikes. It would be pretty embarrassing if their results dropped after switching.
I think they'd have to be pretty confident to release the frames as well ;) It would be probably more embarrassing if people didn't like their frames ;)

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
was chatting to one of the guys behind the nukeproof dh bike project this very question was asked. He said that it wouldn't happen but there may well be other riders on a nukeproof dh bike in 2011. The dh prototype is coming along nicely. There doing some work to stiffen up the linkage and swingarm. It was being raced last weekend at round 2 of the Irish NPS. Its a sweet bike and its pilot seems very happy with it preferring it to his usual 951

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
The CRC kids have been here all week testing new bikes and I have not seen racers so stoked on a bike in a very, very long time.

Everyone involved in this project is very pleased.

But also don't rule out the chance of a major factory Intense team for 2011+.

Happy E-speculating.

Stikman
The Intense Cycles marketing guy

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
hey Stickman

do you know if theres any truth to the rumour that a few of the guys will be in Ireland next weekend and racing in the Irish NPS. There names apeared on the pre entry list but that can be open to abuse

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
hey Stickman

do you know if theres any truth to the rumour that a few of the guys will be in Ireland next weekend and racing in the Irish NPS. There names apeared on the pre entry list but that can be open to abuse
They all just left for their team launch PR day in Ireland and will be at that event.

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
The CRC kids have been here all week testing new bikes and I have not seen racers so stoked on a bike in a very, very long time.

Everyone involved in this project is very pleased.

But also don't rule out the chance of a major factory Intense team for 2011+.

Happy E-speculating.

Stikman
The Intense Cycles marketing guy
Kovarick on a 2951?? Nah, say it isn't so...

Looking forward to the new M6-7-8-9