Quantcast

a reasonable expectation of privacy

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
The court says a privacy law doesn't apply in the camera-under-the skirt case.
He was charged with being a "Peeping Tom" under a statute that prohibits anyone from using photographic, electronic or video equipment in a clandestine manner for any "illegal, illegitimate, prurient, lewd or lascivious purpose with the unlawful and willful intent to view, watch, gaze or look upon any person without the knowledge and consent of such person."

The key factor is that the statute requires that the person viewed be "in a place where there is a right to a reasonable expectation of privacy."

In January 2007, Tulsa County District Judge Tom Gillert ordered Ferrante's felony charge dismissed. That was based upon
a determination that "the person photographed was not in a place where she had a reasonable expectation of privacy," according to an appellate ruling issued last week.
i guess if foul language cannot be tolerated in a store, then this must also hold true, as unexpected as it seems.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
That filing indicated that there was testimony at a preliminary hearing that Ferrante admitted following the teenage girl in the SuperTarget store at 10711 E. 71st St., knelt down behind her and placed the camera underneath her skirt.
Unbelievable.

In a dissent, Appeals Judge Gary Lumpkin wrote that "what this decision does is state to women who desire to wear dresses that there is no expectation of privacy as to what they have covered with their dress."

"In other words, it is open season for peeping Toms in public places who want to look under a woman's dress," Lumpkin wrote.
At least one judge didn't have his head up his ass. Maybe the other judges are all into upskirt photos.... not that there is anything wrong with that if you don't get caught.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
How old was this teenager?

If she' 18 or 19, well, still wrong, but otherwise, that's an act of pedophilia to me.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
by this ruling, i should be allowed to follow teenage girls around target meowing.

can this ruling also be buttressed by the FL law which outlaws visible erections through clothing?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
What's really focked up about all this is that Target has the best selection of MILFs on the planet.

Teenage girls have nothing on these fine ass women. (

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
i wonder if the same asshat judges would be so easy on the father of the teenage girl who beat the 'up-skirter' to death with a base ball bat...??