Quantcast

A Redneck Water Slide

splat

Nam I am
Or am As bad a parent as MMike ??

a couple of weekes ago they did some work on the culvert next to my house ( See http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207312&highlight=monster ) they put in some brand new slick Plastic pipe., now add 3 + inches of rain from Hanna.

and Lets Play !

The Boy entering in atthe top of the the Pipe

OK going under 2 roads and 2 turns later outthe other end he come

Again with me looking straight down as he enters

Lets try an Inflatable Shark , This would be a bad ide and result in a bloody knee for Peter .

My daughter has to try this out too

And the daughter comes out

OK SO I figure I'll Give it a try

OK so I'm a little bigger then them and a little heavier.

they didn't tell me about halway down just before the first turn the water lever goes up , this is fine for them , they are short , me it put my head in to the top, they also didn't tell me ther ewere a couple of rocks part way down that the Ring would go right over with them , got me right in the ass as I went over them , any way I made it out the other end, quite interesting.

but the kids kept going and having fun

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
reminds me of that old tv show Rescue 911. Looks fun regardless though, I wish I had a root beer river behind my house.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
You would have been a fool NOT to. Awesome fun and think of the money you saved by not having to go to a real waterpark.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Rootbeer rivers rock! Now if there were chocolate boulders and gumdrops trees I would be set.

strangeland2

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
masshole
Awesome. When I was petes age me and my friends used to do the same thing only with out the tubes. Our was only under one small side street but the water had quite the power behind us. Used to shoot us out the other side pretty good.

Walking around doing it in a hurricane got us in a little trouble when the parents found out but it was so worth it.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
It looks fun but I wouldn't let my kids do it. Water in creeks, storm and drainage culverts can double or triple in volume in an instant. Two familys not 10 minutes from here lost their boys last summer body-boarding a rain-swollen creek. I pass the weather-bleached teddy bears lashed to the creek bridge in memorium almost every day.

link=> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/29/AR2006062901012.html

splat

Nam I am
It looks fun but I wouldn't let my kids do it. Water in creeks, storm and drainage culverts can double or triple in volume in an instant. Two familys not 10 minutes from here lost their boys last summer body-boarding a rain-swollen creek. I pass the weather-bleached teddy bears lashed to the creek bridge in memorium almost every day.

link=> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/29/AR2006062901012.html
believe me I was a bit Nervous about it. and tried to instill in them that it was very dangerous.