Quantcast

A ride with Stosh and other Monkies

splat

Nam I am
I finally got to meet the world renown Stosh.

but let go back a little , first Bluebug32 and Robdamanii, met up with me and I followed them ( who were following the same directions from stosh as I was ) with out any incident to the parking for Stewart. there was a white exterra with a monkey humping this guys ear.

Got the Bikes ready and off we went , it Was Me , Stosh , Stosh's Girlfriend , Bluebug32 and Robdamanii.

Stosh took us up a couple of horrific hills , they not only were not ridable a couple were barely walkable.

Here Stosh is helping Bluebug32 up one of these real steep ones.

Here is Stosh's Girlfriend about to have a Pricker bush racked across her face.

Bluebug32 coming down the same place

and here Robdamanii is going through a stone wall that drops off , was lots of fun had to do it a 2nd time . and was a lot steeper than it looked. Rob your lucky the one of you screwing it up is just to dark for me to lighten it up enough . yes he screwed this up , that was after he crashed on a pefectly straight almost flat part of trail.

and then Bluebug32 grabbed a little too much front brake and did a chest plant. stilltrying to figure out how she got her feet tangled up in the handlebars, would have made a good picture , but was more worried that she was OK. once it was determined she was OK , photo time !

But she is a trooper , she is going to be sore tommorow ! but she road out

then of course beers and Burgers followed !

Fun was had!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Where are the photos of Stosh riding???? Surely you took some of Stosh didn't you Splat????

Looks like you had fun - hope nobody was really hurt.

Rob - how long have you been riding a mountain bike? Don't worry about the crashing stuff -just keep cranking those pedals!!!! :thumb: You too Bluebug! :thumb:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
MMcG said:
Where are the photos of Stosh riding???? Surely you took some of Stosh didn't you Splat????

:

Sometimes Aubrey lets Stosh ride her bike.... but only around the parking lot

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I can't believe stosh is still wearing the same shirt as last time I saw him. That thing has to stink pretty bad by now.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
Rob - how long have you been riding a mountain bike? Don't worry about the crashing stuff -just keep cranking those pedals!!!! :thumb: You too Bluebug! :thumb:

word has it, he road a bike (not mtn specific but any) for the first time ever last year.......

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
douglas said:
word has it, he road a bike (not mtn specific but any) for the first time ever last year.......
I can confirm this, heard it from the horse's girlfriend's mouth.

BTW, how come I can't see these pics at work? Is it a security setting I can change?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Man it was getting dark quick last night.

Don't forget we still have a ride this Thursday at 3:30pm.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
PS. I still don't get any props for doing that DH that everybody had to walk down.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
good ride last night. I endoed for the first time and supermaned it right to the ground. Goddam it hurt. But I can't wait to do it all again. It was a great ride with a great group of people.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
You don't ride, remember?

Props.
Oh yeah, thats right!

I always get worried when leading a group that people will follow my lead down things like that....

splat

Nam I am
bluebug32 said:
good ride last night. I endoed for the first time and supermaned it right to the ground. Goddam it hurt. But I can't wait to do it all again. It was a great ride with a great group of people.

Sounds like your not feeling too bad. I was a bit worried about you. , now you need to learn the first rule on endo-ing , clear the bike !!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Echo said:
I can't believe stosh is still wearing the same shirt as last time I saw him. That thing has to stink pretty bad by now.
They can get real stinky when you try run behind your friends who ride bikes. You can break a sweat REAL fast. :p

:D

A pic of stosh would have been nice. :rolleyes:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
sirknight6 said:
They can get real stinky when you try run behind your friends who ride bikes. You can break a sweat REAL fast. :p

:D

A pic of stosh would have been nice. :rolleyes:
I've passed a rule that anybody who rides with me is not allowed to take pics of me riding any bike.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Just a matter of time man, just a matter of time.
Splat followed my rules last night... everytime I turn around he's got the camera out. He's gotta be a the fastest draw!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
stosh said:
I've passed a rule that anybody who rides with me is not allowed to take pics of me riding any bike.
Passed a rule? What the hell is that?

You are herby forbidden to photograph me in any manner in which it can readily be reproduced or distributed without first requesting permission of the one who has passed this rule to have allowed it in the first place.

Hereinafter, there shall be no reference to the aforementioned rule in whole or in part, excepting that I, the rule maker (hereinafter referred to author of the aforementioned rule) has given my permission to do so.

In the likelihood that a reproduction of me in any fashion thereof, has inadvertently been released, the infractor of the aforesaid rule, shall immediately remove said reproduction and destroy all copies of the aforementioned reproduction to the satisfaction of the author of the aforementioned rule”

Any none compliance with this decree, hereinafter referred to as the “Rule”, will be met with severe consequences, up to and including prosecution to the fullest extent of the law in the court of proper jurisdiction.

:rolleyes:

Damn dude, just pose with the future Mrs. Stosh and be proud. :p

LOL!!!

j/k of course…..

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
sirknight6 said:

You are herby forbidden to photograph me in any manner in which it can readily be reproduced or distributed without first requesting permission of the one who has passed this rule to have allowed it in the first place.

Hereinafter, there shall be no reference to the aforementioned rule in whole or in part, excepting that I, the rule maker (hereinafter referred to author of the aforementioned rule) has given my permission to do so.

In the likelihood that a reproduction of me in any fashion thereof, has inadvertently been released, the infractor of the aforesaid rule, shall immediately remove said reproduction and destroy all copies of the aforementioned reproduction to the satisfaction of the author of the aforementioned rule”

Any none compliance with this decree, hereinafter referred to as the “Rule”, will be met with severe consequences, up to and including prosecution to the fullest extent of the law in the court of proper jurisdiction.

LOL!!!

j/k of course…..
Do you ever wonder what you are talking about?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
sirknight6 said:

LOL!!!

j/k of course…..

I thought you were a guitar player, not a lawyer.