Quantcast

A sad day for me.....

JetTeach

Monkey
Aug 18, 2011
Man, that was one of the first bikes I ever had. Same color too. I still remember when my dad bougt it for me (used) for $50. That was probably 1976-77 or so.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Man, that was one of the first bikes I ever had. Same color too. I still remember when my dad bougt it for me (used) for $50. That was probably 1976-77 or so.
It shifts smoother than any shimano derailleur I've ever used.

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
I think the speedo cable is the same as those old chevy speedo cables. You can buy the trim to fit cables at autozone type stores. Sad she's going to a new home. Hopefully the new owner appreciates her as much as you did.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I think the speedo cable is the same as those old chevy speedo cables. You can buy the trim to fit cables at autozone type stores. Sad she's going to a new home. Hopefully the new owner appreciates her as much as you did.
She's going to a bike museum/collector.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Did you at least make money on it? And is it scary that I remember when you got that?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Sold, I broke even for what I paid 5yrs ago. I put it up for sale a few times in this down economy and couldn't get what I wanted so I never sold it. I had some fun on it..... gosh it's sad.... I just need to tell myself it's for my kids Christmas though.... :) Makes it better.