Quantcast

a sad puppy tale

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
merry xmas - 2!

my parents adopted a puppy three days ago. it was found wandering around the grounds of the hospital where my father works, and he basically pleaded with us until we went out to see the dog, knowing that she was cute enough that we couldn't do anything but take her home. i carried her to my car in my arms since we didn't have a leash...

taking care of Cha-Cha ("brown brown" basically in japanese as i understand it) has proved to be more of a phyiscal, emotional, and olfactory struggle than we can take, however. so in a circular way my life repeats itself: just as we took my first cat, Frisky, across manhattan to give him away, in an hour we'll take Cha-Cha to the shelter to find a more competent and patient household than ours. only this time i'll be driving.

click on the puppy-portrait for a gallery of 5 more:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
The first thing they will do is see if the dog has a microchip. If it came from the pound originally they usually chip them. Maybe the owners are looking for it. If it doesnt have a chip, at least puppies always have a better chance then adult dogs when it comes to adoption.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Give em a call to find out. There must be another all breed rescue organization near you if they are indeed a shelter that pups dogs and cats to sleep.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
if i ever live on a farm i think i am going to make it a dog sanctuary. all the patience and time you put into a puppy will come back to you 10 fold once the dog is grown. i thought ii was going to freak out when i first got my dog and now i couldn't live without her.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
laura said:
if i ever live on a farm i think i am going to make it a dog sanctuary. all the patience and time you put into a puppy will come back to you 10 fold once the dog is grown. i thought ii was going to freak out when i first got my dog and now i couldn't live without her.
When my wife brought our dog back from the pound, it puked in teh back seat then crapped on the front seat. She was ready to turn around and bring her right back. She made a pit stop at my work and I cleaned her car out for her and calmed her down a bit. Three years and 1 day later with a wrecked coffee table in between, shes still here

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
it turns out the local animal shelter does put down dogs after a certain amount of time. the animal rescue folks saw the "found: lost puppy" ad that we placed in the paper, however, and are going to snatch up the puppy and place her in a foster home.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
please, be sure that whoever takes the dog really is someone that is trying to help. It shouldn't take too much work to check out who they say they are. Cute dog. Are you sure you and your family can't keep her? Rescued pets never forget what you do for them.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Nick said:
Rescued pets never forget what you do for them.
That's so true. Our family found a German Shepard/Lab mix on a freeway and we kept her. It was the best and most protective dog we ever had, but it didn't play well with other dogs because it cared about us so much and always tried to protect us.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Wumpus said:
That's good since I've 'rescued' the same two dogs three times already. :mumble:

[SIZE="-2"]Why can't they just stay in the f'in backyard? [/SIZE]

LOL ... I didn't say there were the brightest pets.