Quantcast

A Series of Unfortunate 5 Mile Loops -- My first solo 24 at The Churn N' Burn!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Nice work......did you lose a bet or something?
Nope! Something I wanted to see if I could do. My husband claims I went through a pre-midlife crisis (I turned 30 in August). We did have a side bet going between me & Douglas & my husband. They had to drink a beer for every lap that I rode. Doug matched me and my husband fell 1 behind :busted:

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
Nope! Something I wanted to see if I could do. My husband claims I went through a pre-midlife crisis (I turned 30 in August). We did have a side bet going between me & Douglas & my husband. They had to drink a beer for every lap that I rode. Doug matched me and my husband fell 1 behind :busted:
ah....yes. I'm familiar with the whacky female brain once it hits 30. Not sure what that's all about but it sounds like you're handling it in stride.
I watched some folks doing the 24 hour race at Whistler last year over Memorial Day....it rained for a pretty solid 36 hours, including the 24 hours of the race. Those people were miserable. The solo people were close to riding off a cliff to end the misery.
The unfortunate part is that some of the trails they used went from great, fresh single track to freeways. Still, it's better than building a golf course.

Y

yadadada

TreeSaw you totally Rock!!! I'm completely in awe of all your effort in the race! It's so inspiring and impressive!!! AWESOME JOB!!!

Y

yadadada

Thanks! I'm still looking forward to getting together for a ride sometime!!!
Yeah, so am I! My next weekend out that way I'm going to try to leave earlier and try and do a better job scheduling time. Last time I came out we spent two of my three days there in MA, so I lost 7 mpg over 6 hours driving and didn't even ride at all.