Quantcast

a "shaving legs" thread

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by Jr_Bullit
Yeah...works well...the only part that seemed weird is you shave under the running water...

So long as you don't mind buying an overly feminine looking razor of course :p The sensitive skin one doesn' thave a "scent" so you at least won't smell fruity
i used to have to stock the 'HBA" isle.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I'll go with 3 as well, the wife prefers me smooth.

One other thing...if you're prone to burn in the sun, applying sunscreen is a lot easier to bare legs than it is to carpet.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Originally posted by Jr_Bullit
Yeah...works well...the only part that seemed weird is you shave under the running water...

So long as you don't mind buying an overly feminine looking razor of course :p The sensitive skin one doesn' thave a "scent" so you at least won't smell fruity
this will be a fun trip to the store with mom.

i shave in the shower, so i wonder if that's sufficient....

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
One reason I do is because of weeds/burs etc getting stuck in the shag. I have gorilla leg syndrome, and last year in a race on tight singletrack I came out with my legs covered in burrs and sticker bush weed things. God it was painful, I said screw pulling these out, and I just shaved it all off. I've been hair free ever since :D

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
Originally posted by golgiaparatus
As a swimmer I always found that the best advice from leg shaving comes from a chick. Ive only had to do my own a few times and those times... they were not so good.
WERD. If you can get a chick to shave your legs for you, do it. They are professionals. Just did it last week for CCS (swimming) and it was alot better then when I did it on my own. Plus, its sexy.

splat

Nam I am
A couple of other reasons for shaving your legs

-- sweat evaporates off you legs faster than when hairy helps cool your legs better.

-- In Mt biking it does make it harder for Ticks to grab hold and get on board.

I haven't shaved mine in quite a few years ( since road racing days ) , but that last reason has me thinking about doing it again.

and Any guy who has had a Girl say how much harder it is to shave there legs than for us to shave out face, should shave there legs once , just to see how wrong they are! Faces are much harder!

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Pros:
Ticks have less to grab on to.
You can actually apply a bandage to a wound rather than have it hover 1/4" above on the hair.
Hair dosen't get matted in the scabs.
Reduced infection of wounds.
Chicks waaaaaaay dig it.

Cons:
Maintaining it is a PITA
Hair offers a measure of defense against sunburn and poison oak. W/O hair you will get more sun and more PO.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i've never gotten Poison ____. i figure i'm till working with an immunity, though it's probably wearing pretty thin by now.

got my new Mach 3 blades (didn't opt for the Schick this time. as i get used to the shaving, i'll try it out), and my normal fragrance free shaving cream. gonna shave a little patch on my calf tonight to see how it reacts. if all is well, i'll bite the bullet tomorrow after my haircut.