Quantcast

a simple bike(question)

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
This might qualify as "reverse spam" but its more of a "how to" thread. I have a simple custom hardtail, with a custom Ti internels nemesis Z1 freeride to 100mm, with 14mm rear axle dmr hub (135 spaced with disc tabs) with other common parts.

Generally i see used DJ bikes for sale for 500 MAX, with the understanding that they are beaten, scratched, used and abused. I am looking to move on *cough superco* but i dont want to just chuck it to some 15 year old kid for 500 and a guitar amp. Is there any market for very high end DJ bikes? I would part it out, but the parts are pretty specific(not many 14mm axle frames, right?) Its got over 2Gs into it, and about a year and a half of riding, but it is not worth the 500 ill get. For arguments sake, keeping it is NOT an option.

Any trades for a high end bike like this? even if it is another discipline?

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I have never known dj hardtails to sell very well complete. When I was trying to sell my TBC Bank, it took parting it out to get it all sold. Often times you can get more for it that way too. Start out doing something like... 250-300 for the frame, 200-250 for the fork, 250 for the wheelset (14mm is not popular for 26.. I can think of a handful of frames that use it).. looks like a juicy 7 80 bled, cranks for 80 bucks with the sprocket, pedals for 35 (you should be riding plastics anyway) and if those bars are between 28 and 29" you should sell the bar and stem to me for 40 bucks. :P I sold a pair of fairly used holyrollers for 35 bucks a few weeks ago.

Really nice complete dj bikes are hard to sell for what they are worth, because people who know what they are doing, build their bikes up. Mostly beginner/intermediate riders buy completes.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I have never known dj hardtails to sell very well complete. When I was trying to sell my TBC Bank, it took parting it out to get it all sold. Often times you can get more for it that way too. Start out doing something like... 250-300 for the frame, 200-250 for the fork, 250 for the wheelset (14mm is not popular for 26.. I can think of a handful of frames that use it).. looks like a juicy 7 80 bled, cranks for 80 bucks with the sprocket, pedals for 35 (you should be riding plastics anyway) and if those bars are between 28 and 29" you should sell the bar and stem to me for 40 bucks. :P I sold a pair of fairly used holyrollers for 35 bucks a few weeks ago.

Really nice complete dj bikes are hard to sell for what they are worth, because people who know what they are doing, build their bikes up. Mostly beginner/intermediate riders buy completes.
truth, the picture is a little bit old, its not getting sold with brakes, but i will try it your way, those bars actually sold to PNJ, its got flat (or .5 rise?) syncros on it now, i was just curios if this stuff would sell, id assume the "normal" person not to search simple custom geo and nemesis fork, if anybody is interested, those prices work for me btw.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
truth, the picture is a little bit old, its not getting sold with brakes, but i will try it your way, those bars actually sold to PNJ, its got flat (or .5 rise?) syncros on it now, i was just curios if this stuff would sell, id assume the "normal" person not to search simple custom geo and nemesis fork, if anybody is interested, those prices work for me btw.
Yea I have been looking on trying a higher ride lately... I have 2" funns right now. Wanted to try a 3" something or other. It will more than likely sell by parting out... keep headset with frame, and bb with the cranks to make things sell easier. Try to find a mass produced or popular frame with similar geo to that, and post with the ad something like "similar geo to such and such" If its a light frame, post the weight... people like knowing that.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
whats the geo on the frame. (not gonna buy, just interested).
22 and 3/8th top tube, 10 standover, 15 inch stays, 14 by 135 wheel spacing, mtb bottom bracket, headset where the frame is the cups for the bearings. full cromo

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
22 and 3/8th top tube, 10 standover, 15 inch stays, 14 by 135 wheel spacing, mtb bottom bracket, headset where the frame is the cups for the bearings. full cromo
sounds pretty dialed ! what's the situation with 14mm X 135 tho? normally i would think 14mm is meant for pegs. but if you have a disc on your grindside you are f-ed ! what rear hub are you running?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
sounds pretty dialed ! what's the situation with 14mm X 135 tho? normally i would think 14mm is meant for pegs. but if you have a disc on your grindside you are f-ed ! what rear hub are you running?
see, i did run pegs, it was AWESOME, the hub is a DMR or a hybrid geisha freecoaster combo