Quantcast

A Simple creation

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Oscar over at Simple sent me some pics of a new frame he turned out in the last week or so. I was floored, and I think ya'll will be too.

Specs:
4.25 lbs
22.25 tt
70 ht

dropouts are done with investment casting

well here she is

This last one is kinda blurry but is of the disc mounts tucked in the rear triangle

enjoy!

Last edited:

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Looks to me to be too short in the front end, and too long in the chainstays. (for my tastes) The drops and brake mount are very cool though.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Chain stays range from 15.75 to 16.25 on this one. I think this is a bike he built for himself to replace a 1st generation 509 btw.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
I like the ht angle but it's crazy light and the tapered stays scare me. The dropouts are pimpin tho, still it's a really nice and unique build.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I don't know what driver Oscar runs, but you should email him and ask. I'm sure he'd be happy to tell you.

And I agree Serve'em the frame is wicked light and the stays look minimal. He is not a small man by any means though and this is his personal frame. We'll know if it's strong enough this time next year.

22mm hayes mount = old school. But it fits dope and looks cool. These aren't being turned out constantly and is probably the only frame he's built with the 22mm mounts.

I've got some old DX v-brakes from my bmx days I was thinking about running again. I'd have to find some more red parts for my bike and get Oscar to build a frame with v mounts. Maybe I could put disc tabs on it for backup when I get tired of rim brakes.