Quantcast

A site that deserves $5 (North Shore)

Just got an amazing link to a great site for the shore. If you go to their FAQ's it explains the purpose of their site, which is basically to help people find the trail's and the best trails suited to their ability. No descriptions, just photo's and maps pretty fricken tight if you ask me. They are looking for companies to float them gear as they ride the shore almost everyday to update the site with GPS cordinates, photo's, etc. I think we should get a pot going, maybe $5 from all of us who rides their and donate it to them for such a great service. Whatcha think?

Check out the site www.gutsploder.com

BTW, Is the shore rideable all year?

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Yeah...that site is amazing. I use some of the pics for backgrounds on various pc's. The only thing I wish is they could put what level each trail is for. But what do you expect for free right? :)

Short answer yes. But snow coverage can happen, but shore guys still ride :)

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Lower fromme is always rideable......

2 years ago we had an epic winter up there. last winter i didnt make it up (new son). I hope to make a few this winter......

Cool website, but ill keep my 5.00 for the wendys in squamish on my way home saturday.....

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
Yeknomedir said:
You can ride the shore for most of the year, but it does get to the point where there's so much snow that there's no way you can ride it. Keep your eye on the Trail Conditions forum on the NSMB website during the winter months. There's always a 'where is the snow line' thread going in there.

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
thesacrifice said:
Never been to the north shore, looks like its right outside of some neighborhoods?

We moved to North Van strictly for the riding, but moved away last month. When we were there we were a 10 minute drive from Mt. Fromme, and 15 minutes from Mt. Seymour and Cypress. It was awesome!!! I'll never regret paying outrageous rent for a couple of years to ride the shore. :cool: