Quantcast

A special place in hell...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
MancilG said:
why would you even ask a question like this.
Squirt some tears for the child, but apparently she's got a wheelchair, isn't living in a cardboard box, and doesn't go hungry. There's 20 kids within 200 yards of my condo that are homeless, dirty and hungry. Where's the compassion for them? Sure, I feel for the kid, but I'm sure she'll have the money for a new tricycle by the end of the day and a photo op for WalMart or the like. There are much bigger problems.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Stealing sucks.

I'm often surprised by how many people who could afford to buy kosher goods buy stuff that has been knocked off. They'd whine like buggery if they were burgled but the fail to see that all they are doing is feeding the problem.

If no one bought stolen goods there'd be a lot less theft. People are dumb and getting dumber.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
stinkyboy said:
Squirt some tears for the child, but apparently she's got a wheelchair, isn't living in a cardboard box, and doesn't go hungry. There's 20 kids within 200 yards of my condo that are homeless, dirty and hungry. Where's the compassion for them? Sure, I feel for the kid, but I'm sure she'll have the money for a new tricycle by the end of the day and a photo op for WalMart or the like. There are much bigger problems.

:stupid:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Clarification on Ailse 1... 05-18-2006 09:54 AM Just for a change - fluff
A special place in hell.... 05-18-2006 09:45 AM No place for that in this thread
A special place in hell.... 05-18-2006 09:38 AM YOU ARE SUCH A DUMBASS
A special place in hell.... 05-18-2006 09:34 AM take it to political

At least fluff signs in.

Care to explain your comments pvssies?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
stinkyboy said:
Which is worse: Stealing a tricycle or illegally lying a country into war that has erased thousands of lives?
In hell:

The palsy bike thief gets a pineapple shoved in the ass daily, while on fire.

The lying politican gets the palsy bike thief shoved in the ass, while on fire, covered with acid.

Ok?

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
what really sucks, is that whoever stole it probably did it just because they could. for no other reason than that alone.
and it's probably abandoned or mangled close by.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
chicodude said:
Screw you both. Sure there are people who are worse off, and horrible injustice throughout the world. So? Does that mean nobody should care about this particular bad thing?

Maybe you should go over to her place and tell her to suck it up. Or to call the Whambulance. :rolleyes:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
OGRipper said:
Maybe you should go over to her place and tell her to suck it up. Or to call the Whambulance. :rolleyes:
No kidding!. Nothing worse than a whiney kid with cerebral palsy. Geez.

:rolleyes:

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
OGRipper said:
Screw you both. Sure there are people who are worse off, and horrible injustice throughout the world. So? Does that mean nobody should care about this particular bad thing?

I'm not saying its not a bad thing, and that the person (or persons) that stole the trike shouldn't burn in hell, but I am with stinky when I think that there are much bigger problems and injustices out there. If ya'll wanna act all compassionate, then worry about something that really matters.

I would like to, however, smack the living **** out of her dad.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
chicodude said:
I'm not saying its not a bad thing, and that the person (or persons) that stole the trike shouldn't burn in hell, but I am with stinky when I think that there are much bigger problems and injustices out there. If ya'll wanna act all compassionate, then worry about something that really matters.

I would like to, however, smack the living **** out of her dad.
No one was saying, "Fvck all the rest of the suffering in the world, this little girl's bike is all that matters.."

:rolleyes:

I was just happy that I finally found something bike related to post.

:D

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
There's gonna be bags of money sent to pay for a new ride for the kid. $1100 wasn't it? It will look nice next to the $3K wheelchair. That $4100 could have fed how many hungry kids today?

I can take and send photos of many, many homeless kids to the newspapers and we'll see how much play those stories get...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
stinkyboy said:
There's gonna be bags of money sent to pay for a new ride for the kid. $1100 wasn't it? It will look nice next to the $3K wheelchair. That $4100 could have fed how many hungry kids today?

I can take and send photos of many, many homeless kids to the newspapers and we'll see how much play those stories get...
You should use all that money you spend on booze to feed those homeless people. :blah:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
stinkyboy said:
Do it. That's a good idea.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
SkaredShtles said:
You should use all that money you spend on booze to feed those homeless people. :blah:
You're absolutely correct, but I do much more for unfortunate people than donating a turkey and a can of corn in December. I'm not looking for praise, but everyone could do more, and it shouldn't take some lame article to stimulate people to help others.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
SkaredShtles said:
America doesn't want to read about homeless kids, dude. :rolleyes:
That's my point, but a little story like this will dupe people into outrage, send some money and then forget about the God only knows how many more unfortunate kids are out there for the rest of the year while they think to themselves how Christian they are while cutting people off in traffic and flipping them the bird.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
stinkyboy said:

I used to be a live in attendant for a quadriplegic for 4 years. I watched his struggle everyday, and let me tell you I would rather be hungry then crippled. The guy I worked for had an 8,000 dollar power chair, yet he had to sell pot to make ends meet because state disability didn't cover everything ("Everything" being food, and rent, and bills. Not luxuries). Wheelchairs are just plain expensive. Having one doesn't mean that they family has tons of money. And care for a crippled person is incredibly expensive. Full time nurses, medication, medical equipment, etc.

I understand what you are saying and I agree that there are other problems in the world just as important and that the homeless and hungry should get just as much attention and compassion as this little girl, but you are saying it in a very callous way. Also, the homeless and hungry have a chance to not be. This girl is crippled for life.

Just my opinion, your actual milage may vary.

Edit: You are assuming an awful lot about people you don't know. How do you know who I help and who I don't? You don't know if I give to charity, or how much or to which ones.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Ciaran said:
I understand what you are saying and I agree that there are other problems in the world just as important and that the homeless and hungry should get just as much attention and compassion as this little girl, but you are saying it in a very callous way. Also, the homeless and hungry have a chance to not be. This girl is crippled for life.
My callousness comes from the predictable outcome of this story. Either she get's a new trike for free, or someone finds it and becomes a hero. Either way it will be PR for the wrong reason. No one will care about her affliction, they'll just want a photo of themselves with her for the office wall. I guess I'm just a fool and would love to live in a world where things could be a little more even for all kids.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I remember in high school I said I did not have much sympathy for the Challenger astronauts. I was excorigated for those comments, but my logic was they were doing what they always dreamed about, while people suffer living their everyday lives.

I feel bad for the girl, but Stink's right: there are plenty of kids worse off.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
stinkyboy said:

your right...... What have you done for the hungry today Saint. Stinky

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
stinkyboy said:
My callousness comes from the predictable outcome of this story. Either she get's a new trike for free, or someone finds it and becomes a hero. Either way it will be PR for the wrong reason. No one will care about her affliction, they'll just want a photo of themselves with her for the office wall. I guess I'm just a fool and would love to live in a world where things could be a little more even for all kids.
I agree that there will be tons of PR and all that, but my point is that you don't know for sure if this kid is less worthy of compassion and attention than the hungry kids.

And I still think that you are assuming an awful lot about people you don't know. You can't say that no one will care about her affliction. You don't know that. You CAN'T know that.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
MancilG said:
your right...... What have you done for the hungry today Saint. Stinky
I don't want praise for my actions, but comments like that show how daft and blind the average American is when it comes to putting themselves out for others, especially strangers.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Ciaran said:
I agree that there will be tons of PR and all that, but my point is that you don't know for sure if this kid is less worthy of compassion and attention than the hungry kids.
She's coming up on at least $1100 today. Imagine if 110 unfortunate children came up on $10 today.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I just don't get the logic. From what you are saying, the next time there is an article in the paper about homeless or abused kids in the U.S. (the ones you are holding up as the example, we should all just say "Pshhh, whatever. Kids in Africa have it much worse, so I have no compassion for hungry kids in the States."

Weak.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
OGRipper said:
I just don't get the logic. From what you are saying, the next time there is an article in the paper about homeless or abused kids in the U.S. (the ones you are holding up as the example, we should all just say "Pshhh, whatever. Kids in Africa have it much worse, so I have no compassion for hungry kids in the States."

Weak.
I disagree. While I hate to speak for Stinkyboy, if you really delve into this story, here is an obvious media darling case which I think everyone can agree that she will receive a new trike or more than adequate compensation.

Maybe Stinkyboy is being callous by scoffing at the media attention, but I did not see where he said "this kid doesn't deserve anything".

BTW, I think she deserves the attention and anything she receives. You can fix only one problem at a time.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
sanjuro said:
I disagree. While I hate to speak for Stinkyboy, if you really delve into this story, here is an obvious media darling case which I think everyone can agree that she will receive a new trike or more than adequate compensation.

Maybe Stinkyboy is being callous by scoffing at the media attention, but I did not see where he said "this kid doesn't deserve anything".

BTW, I think she deserves the attention and anything she receives. You can fix only one problem at a time.
:stupid:

It just breaks my heart to see so many kids without anything and another child needs two expensive vehicles. I feel terrible that a little girl is crippled for life, but this is just a "pet of the week" story that allows people to stroke themselves, and in the end, no one gives a crap about palsy or a starving child tomorrow. At least it's way in the back of their heads.

I've seen it many times and have been to "benefits" where these trophy wives wear $1000 cocktail dresses. I volunteered as a bartender at one event where ALL of the money went to fund programs for kids, and these millionaires were shocked that THEY had to pay for drinks, and half of them had no money on them and asked for freebies. I informed them of where the money was going and they don't give a ****. I refused one asshat a glass of water, saying "sucks to be thirsty huh?" I wasn't asked back the following year.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Stinky, props to you because from different things you've posted over time it sounds like you do a lot more than me and most of the people I know.

I hear what you guys are saying, but media darling or not (and whether her father is stupid or not), this was crappy thing to happen to a girl with a bad affliction. Your point may be valid but that doesn't mean she doesn't deserve a new ride. Let her milk it. You probably would too.