Quantcast

A Spring time Ride in the Northeast. Dry Trails !!!

splat

Nam I am
Berkshire_rider and My self went ouf for a Nice 4 Hour , 11 Mile ride though Tight technical Single track in Douglas State forest ! it was Awesome ! the weather was great , and the trails are in Awesome shape ! , there are a couple of Wet/muddy Spots we walked around bout over all it was great !

and Of course Some Pictures are needed and with 2 of us it made getting pictures tough, but I got a Few .

Steve Rolling of a Rock

Me Rolling off of another rock

Steve Coming though (It is a lot tougher than it looks ) a little rocky rise/turn

Steve Showing it is tough

ANd finally when we got back to the Parking lot , before we cracked the Beverages a Douglas Police Officer came though and told us there has been a Rash of CAr Break in 's ( smash and Grab) in the parking lot lately so to be on the look out .

but then We had to have a Post ride Beverage.

and Finally here is the Map From the GPS , its is kind of interesting that Dead End on the left hand side was actually some one's backyard on a rather new house.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Nice!

Just got back from a ride with Laura. We took the mtbs out on the rail trail and we worked on some skills and what not using logs, and curbs and the dirt portions of the trail as practice spots!

She likes her Rocket 88 but on the way home her left side crank arm came off....so I hammered back to her house - got my vehicle and picked her up. she got surprisingly far on her own by coasting on the downhills! All in all she was stoked about the ride.

Wooo Hooo!!

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
MMcG said:
Nice!

Just got back from a ride with Laura. We took the mtbs out on the rail trail and we worked on some skills and what not using logs, and curbs and the dirt portions of the trail as practice spots!

She likes her Rocket 88 but on the way home her left side crank arm came off....so I hammered back to her house - got my vehicle and picked her up. she got surprisingly far on her own by coasting on the downhills! All in all she was stoked about the ride.

Wooo Hooo!!
Rocket 88's were nice bikes. Always liked them. Congrats on finding someone who likes to ride. :thumb:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
berkshire_rider said:
Splat: It's funny, your GPS and the trail on the park map actually look similar. Have a look.
Pretty cool. Our dirt season officially started here. I rode our special trails after walking them doing maintenance all month. Glad to say they are in excellent shape. I am going to wait for some help to finish them off. One big casualty though. I am so happy that we can ride on dirt in April!......jdcamb

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
sweet looks like fun. Glad to see you riding somewhere beside Nam. :p

Me and Snacks and EvilBob did some tight twisty technical singletrack delight. Probably got in around 12 miles or so in an easy but brisk paced 4 hour ride. It was so good i destroyed my rear hub and kept on riding anyway. :)

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
I did about an hour on the mountain bike this afternoon (most of it on a trail i cut yesterday), and about 10 minutes after I got home, a friend came by on his road bike and we went out and did 25 miles. Great riding day :thumbs: