Quantcast

A stupid question.....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The hiking boots I use for winter hiking always give me blisters, even after countless hikes and wearing thick wool socks. Sucks, but those boots are super comfy.

I put on one or two wide bandaids, which always seems to do the trick. They peel off nicely and if I know I'll be hiking on consecutive days, they'll also last through a shower or two.

I also tried some skin tape padding stuff, but the stuff always seemed to start to ball up in the socks and eventually get stuck in my leg hair causing a shitshow on the side of the trail.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
In the way back days when I would do 50K in a day, good quality duct tape applied to the areas you normally blistered worked better than moleskin which comes lose after a few hours. SpenCo moleskin is the best brand I've used as the adhesive is durable when wet for extended periods.

Edit: Spenco Second Skin, not gel.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Jam a needle in it, let it ooze out, enjoy the show.
Did that already..... Usually what I do. Problem is come Sept 10th I will be in the backwoods for a week with 1-15 miles a day depending on conditions.

So picked up a couple pairs of the injiji liner socks over at REI..... Totally different feel. Knocked out 15 miles with them and normal hotspots were totally good.