Quantcast

A Sunday spin....

J

JRB

I was a few minutes late, as usual. I have my own metric for time, and it rarely coincides with anyone else's. When we dropped Lil Lock Em Ups, there were hikers in the middle of the trail. I went back up and waited for them to clear. They didn't do such a good job of it. Not sure why the one pic came out the ride size and the others did not, but I will work on photobucket to try to fix them later. You get the idea for now. Enjoy, I hope.

Here are some pics of the ride.

Wumpus going down -

Still going down -

Me on Batcave -

Still on Batcave -

Thor -

Wumpus on Thor -

Wumpus going by on Thor -

Wumpus dropping the ravine on Thor -

Me on Thor -

Still on Thor -

Still on Thor -

Finishing Thor -

Me on Babbler -

Finishing up Babbler -

Wumpus on Lil Lock Em Ups -

Finishing it -

Me going down "I don't know" -

Same -

Same -

Wrapping it up -

My new ride -

A little guard I made out of a hoof pad for a horse -

My new fork, yummy -

J

JRB

chicodude said:
whats teh forky?
06 Z1 Light. I just bought it from dboatman. He rode it a few times and listed it. He lives about 40 miles away, so I felt obligated to own it. It's air on one side, RC2 on the other. It's nice. :thumb:

J

JRB

yeah - diggin' the Reign. I feel pretty much at home already. I am really liking it with the Z1 Light.

J

JRB

bikenweed said:
Sick. Is that in Texas? Why does the guy on the Banshee use two fingers on the brakes?
Texas - yes. I don't know why he does that. I plan to sign up for a year so I can host these bigger tonight, so I'll see if I use 2 fingers. I don't think I do. Maybe he does it since he rides Magura Louises. I think I 1 finger my Juicys, but didn't on the Hayes.

J

JRB

TreeSaw said:
Nice pics! Those trails look like a blast to ride!!! :drool: Gald to hear that you're enjoying the new bike too!
Don't tell anyone. It's not crowded because everyone says that Texas sucks. I agree. It sucks here.

*you are welcome to come ride any time though.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
bikenweed said:
Sick. Is that in Texas? Why does the guy on the Banshee use two fingers on the brakes?
I use only the index, only the middle finger, two fingers -- it just depends on what I'm doing. Those were the steep sections so I personnally get better modulation with two fingers. Maybe it is from all the years of riding rim brakes.

loco said:
I plan to sign up for a year so I can host these bigger tonight, so I'll see if I use 2 fingers.
What are you talking about? You just loco at photos.

*edit -- It isn't linked from mojo that was just where I copied it from.

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
I use only the index, only the middle finger, two fingers -- it just depends on what I'm doing. Those were the steep sections so I personnally get better modulation with two fingers. Maybe it is from all the years of riding rim brakes.

What are you talking about? You just loco at photos.

*edit -- It isn't linked from mojo that was just where I copied it from.

I don't know why some resized to 400 x 300 and some to 800 x 600. I didn't care enough to worry last night. Feel free to resize and host them. :p

J

JRB

Skookum said:
Wow your frame is wierd, i don't like where your shock is at all....

Sell that peice of junk and buy my S-works.
I did hit it on a log I think. We'll see if that ends up being an issue. I hope not. It sure rides nice. I guess I could have gotten an SX Trail, but that seems trendy.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
loco said:
I did hit it on a log I think. We'll see if that ends up being an issue. I hope not. It sure rides nice. I guess I could have gotten an SX Trail, but that seems trendy.
Well i've heard Iron Horse has good customer service, i know if i had that bike i'd probably be abusing that pad. Sorry to be so brutally honest, raining on your parade, and my enduro reference is really just a joke, but still i get leery looking at that design.

BUT, you have a warranty if you have to use it, i'd ride the hell out of it until something happens. Probably nothing will happen. And if you wind up trashing that bike from that design you get hard core bragging rights on how you kept destroying your big bike.:cool:

So worry after the fact, and reap the rewards of being gnar kore.:oink:

J

JRB

Skookum said:
Well i've heard Iron Horse has good customer service, i know if i had that bike i'd probably be abusing that pad. Sorry to be so brutally honest, raining on your parade, and my enduro reference is really just a joke, but still i get leery looking at that design.

BUT, you have a warranty if you have to use it, i'd ride the hell out of it until something happens. Probably nothing will happen. And if you wind up trashing that bike from that design you get hard core bragging rights on how you kept destroying your big bike.:cool:

So worry after the fact, and reap the rewards of being gnar kore.:oink:
Yeah - the trick will be City Park in Austin. It is very ledgy up, so we'll see if that gets it bashed up.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
loco said:
I don't know why some resized to 400 x 300 and some to 800 x 600. I didn't care enough to worry last night. Feel free to resize and host them. :p

I just checked my email, and they still aren't there.:nuts:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
loco said:
hmmm - the glory there has a guard.
people's main concerns are w/ big rocks, and a plastic guard won't do much to protect against structural damage on a full-on impact. that said, i doubt that part of the bike would ever hit anything in such a manner, unless it's a freak occurrence.

J

JRB

narlus said:
people's main concerns are w/ big rocks, and a plastic guard won't do much to protect against structural damage on a full-on impact. that said, i doubt that part of the bike would ever hit anything in such a manner, unless it's a freak occurrence.
I wouldn't even worry about that with the DHX, but with the RP3, the shaft is what will get hit. That is why I made one. Strictly for rocks popping off of the tire. I have a carbon one ordered, when Giant gets them, but I still don't get why they didn't just fill it in. It's already an 8 pound frame. What would 2 grams hurt??? It does ride really nice though.