Quantcast

A tale of 2 rides

splat

Nam I am
Ride #1

The milford Bike ride today was at 8 am , I got up grabbed my Steed and Procedded to ride over there , I was alomst ther ewhen I herd the Twang of a Spoke break. I had broken one thursday Night That I did not fix , And I notice this on was almost right next to the othe rbroken Spoke ,Both on the same side of the hub. Well I was almost at the start so I figured I Just Ask Jeff , the bike shop owner about it when I got there . Well we noticed sever other spokes loose and then discoverd a 3rd spoke broken. I knew I was pretty much cooked at this point, So I went out with the ride but at At a Point early On I , I took of ffor , home. I got Home , Grabbed a Different Bike and took off to find the group again. I was pushing hard and Fianlly found them but boy was I winded.

any way Here is Jeff of Milford Bike , JRA

we were a group of 18 and it was amazing how well it actually flowed for a group that Big.

going up little Moab

IF_rider going through Some Boulders .
and IAB , that is teh rock you tried to drop and crashed on.

Unfortunatly That is all the pictures I got from Vietnam , because my Camera batteries died on me.

When I got home My wife tells me SloMoJo had just caleld . So I called him back , and he an a friend of his were going out at 1, and Was I interested in riding and showing them the new Trails at Mt Pisgah. so I got clearance from the tower and did this.

we ll At 7:30 it was 35 Degrees and I felt over dressed for the moring ride , So I had peeled a few layers and Went out again, It was 55 Degrees and I had Not pealed enough I was still sweating like a pig .

Ride #2

any Way Here is SloMoJo doing a little jump on the New Blue trail

landing and trying to turn on lots of leaves has bad results

A fun Little spine

and then there was this gorge, it was beutiful , but we crossed it twice. the going down into it was fun , but it was work getting out of it .

and On the vernal Pool trail , ( taking it in the right direction this time , Last time Berkshire rider and I went the wrong way )

Found this Jumping rock

same rock as above.

and here is a GPS topo of our ride , we went counter clockwise starting at Smith Street.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
:thumb: Sorry I missed you guys at Pisgah - I wasn't aware there was going to be an afternoon ride today until it was too late. I went out solo about the same time you guys rode, at Douglas SF. Pretty much bone dry. Isn't it great to ride in shorts in Massachusetts in January? :cool:

Do we need to have an exorcism for your bike? :think: :p

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
:sigh: i wound up not riding today and worked at my LBS. mainly because Ithought it would rain. :sigh:

yeah yeah yeah.. nice pics.. blah blah blah :blah: :blah: :blah:

:drool: :drool: :drool: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Great Pics... thanks for sharing them... looks like a great place to ride!
I thought it was supposed to rain also so I ended up brewing a batch of beer instead of riding today... Never rained, and the sun actually popped out while I was right in the middle of brewing:mad:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Nice pics! No outside ride for me today....did about 25 minutes on the stationary bike and went for a nice walk with the hubby. It was SO beautiful outside we couldn't resist. By the end of our walk it was REALLY windy though.

splat

Nam I am
berkshire_rider said:
- I wasn't aware there was going to be an afternoon ride today until it was too late.

I wasn't either . till SloMoJo called me , and I turned around and went back out .

TreeSaw said:
By the end of our walk it was REALLY windy though.
Yeah wehen we went over teh top of teh ridge it was really wind y up there. but at that point we were sweating so Much it felt good.