Quantcast

a tall glass of water

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Wikipedia said:
Shawn Paul Bradley (born March 22, 1972 in Landstuhl, West Germany (now Germany)) is a 7 ft. 6 in. (2.29 m) former professional basketball player who played center for the Dallas Mavericks (NBA). His nicknames are "The Stormin' Mormon", "The Deathstick", "Missionary Impossible", the "Mormon Mantis", the "Praying Mantis" and "Siggi" (during his time in the German national basketball team).
That's his 'merry-go-round' wife on the right...(if you have to ask....the humor is lost...).That's a whacky lookin' bike. But cool none the less.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
The cranks must feel a little short for him...

There's a courier around here that rides a bike that might be that big - some custom jobbie that looks like its based on a 23" mountain bike frame. There's a second top tube and seat tube that are offset a good 8" from the base frame tubes. It looks way more normal than the above bike, though as the wheel base is pushing 5 feet.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I'm just sittin here wondering when some custom builder is going to start making larger bikes for these tall people. Particularly the wheels. Seems to me that these basketball players are willing to fork over the cash it takes to get something that fits right. I am a shoe and boot maker and I know of a few people who specialize in really big footwear for ultra tall people. They either charge astronomical prices or give them away free as advertising. I think that when you are that tall it can be so frustrating to find things that fit that when you find something you buy it no matter the cost.

Just my random thoughts....