Quantcast

A thread for foods that you wouldn't think were yummy but really are...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
SkaredShtles said:
Dude. Spicy pepper jellies kick ass.

Boudin noir - that's one thing I thought would suck and it was sooooooooooo good. :thumb:

Boudin is quite popular here.. can't have a proper cookout without some.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
^I can eat fish eggs & fowl eggs, but the fowl eggs better be cooked. I guess that is about it though.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
TreeSaw said:
Liverwurst. Makes a tasty sandwich on rye with spicy mustard :D
i'm with you on this one. there is hardly a food that doesn't make my stomach growl just thinking about it, but i was afraid to try liverwurst. i finally did at the deli i used to work in and it was so good that i became addicted to it.

there are some things like blood sausage and haggis that sound disgusting to me, but i've never had the chance to try it. i probably would if i got the chance, i like to be pleasantly surprised.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
SkaredShtles said:
Yeah - my wife makes a killer artichoke & feta cheese dip that is killer. :drool:
If she would be willing to part with it I would LOVE to get that recipe. :drool: :drool:

That avocado and bleu cheese dip sounds awsome too!

For me it was sushi. I had never tried any raw fish in any form, let alone fish eggs! Blech! But then one day at lunch my co-workers decide to go to the Japanese place again (I would usually just get the teriyaki chicken). Well, one dude starts poking fun of me, calling me a pussy and all that. Well, being the Marty McFly that I am I couldn't let any one call me a chicken and get away with it so I tried it. Lo and behold, I loved it! Now I am trying new things off the menu I have never heard of and even telling the chef to "surprise me"!

There's very few foods I won't try at least once.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Mackie said:
Pate is pretty good.
I ate fried meal worms in Thailand. Tasted like Funions without the Onion flavoring.....
But did they make your breath smell like ass, like Funions do?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ciaran said:
If she would be willing to part with it I would LOVE to get that recipe. :drool: :drool:
Ask and ye shall receive.

1# artichoke hearts
1# feta
1c mayonnaise
1/2c Parmesan
1 jar pimentos, chopped
1 clove garlic chopped
Chopped jalapenos/green chiles (optional)

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
SkaredShtles said:
Ask and ye shall receive.

1# artichoke hearts
1# feta
1c mayonnaise
1/2c Parmesan
1 jar pimentos, chopped
1 clove garlic chopped
Chopped jalapenos/green chiles (optional)

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes
Sweet! Thank you and your wife!

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
narlus said:
unless it includes the nasty liver...the thing which turns orange when it cooks. in the US i've never seen it served, but in ireland they left it on. :nonono:
yeah i've seen it on tv but never on a scallop in the store.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
laura said:
i'm with you on this one. there is hardly a food that doesn't make my stomach growl just thinking about it, but i was afraid to try liverwurst. i finally did at the deli i used to work in and it was so good that i became addicted to it.

there are some things like blood sausage and haggis that sound disgusting to me, but i've never had the chance to try it. i probably would if i got the chance, i like to be pleasantly surprised.
Blood sausage is pretty tasty, I'm just glad I tried it without knowing what it was:D

I'll have to try the liverwurst, but I'm kind nervous:o: