Quantcast

a very important PSA (no, not a PSP)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
what about the cost in time for people at the register to count out the single copper discs of worthlessness, and the fact that i have them jingling around in my pocket all day, only to either wast time counting and rolling them to exchange at the bank, or to pay the 15% Coinstar fee for counting. Bah!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
what about the cost in time for people at the register to count out the single copper discs of worthlessness, and the fact that i have them jingling around in my pocket all day, only to either wast time counting and rolling them to exchange at the bank, or to pay the 15% Coinstar fee for counting. Bah!
So your one of those cavemen who still uses cash exclusively?

Step into the 21st century and get a debit card, or a rewards based credit card :clue:

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
I couldn't believe it when I got a shiny new redesigned penny for change the other day. Shocked me more that the Puerto Rican Quarter.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
So your one of those cavemen who still uses cash exclusively?

Step into the 21st century and get a debit card, or a rewards based credit card :clue:
I hate using my check card for a $2 coffee or $5 convenience store trip. It's mainly since I keep close records in my checkbook, and use my CCs for gas/major purchases. You could make the argument of online banking to check expenditures, but I've had ****ty luck relying on that (transactions being posted LONG after I've forgotten about them).

I'd rather take out $100 for the week and be done with transactions that require balancing my checkbook. Overall it's easier.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I hate using my check card for a $2 coffee or $5 convenience store trip. It's mainly since I keep close records in my checkbook, and use my CCs for gas/major purchases. You could make the argument of online banking to check expenditures, but I've had ****ty luck relying on that (transactions being posted LONG after I've forgotten about them).

I'd rather take out $100 for the week and be done with transactions that require balancing my checkbook. Overall it's easier.
Joe, they just mess w/ you because when you opened your account you crabwalked up to the teller.

Also, just because the cashier gives you pennies with your change doesn't mean you have to take them. They put those little dishes there for exactly this reason.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO

Who the f*** still balances a checkbook??? Are you 90?

Get a debit card, use it sparingly and remember what you purchased. I do that and it works just fine with my terrible memory.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Poop Deck Edgar. I laugh every time I see it.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
They have machines that do that nowadays.
first, i don't use cash "exclusively" and in fact tend toward electronic transactions. however, i hate having these stupid coins pile up which i can't use for feeding the parking meter. fie!

i know they have machines to calculate the amount, but some monkey still needs to open the register and count em and hand em to you (yes, i know some stores do have machines that puke out change, but mostly just grocery stores).

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Man... you must trust the banks more than I do. :p
I don't trust banks at all, I trust myself using the debit card for a few purchases a week, not small amounts such as a few bucks as those are wants and not needs anyways and regularly check my online bank statement for discrepancies. I don't drink soda anymore so that took a huge part of my overuse of my debit card right there.

Cash is easier to go into a gas station and buy a few junk items that you don't need since you don't feel like an idiot making a $1.59 purchase on a debit card.

Be smart about your spending and you don't have to worry about any of the other crap.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Australia got rid of 1 and 2 cent bits years ago. The 5 cent bit is up for the chop soon too I believe. We managed to get through that difficult time thanks to our faith in the Lord Jesus Lizard.