Quantcast

A week in Tel Aviv, wut to do?

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Don't get killed.
More likely to die on the roads there than get blown up by a terrorist.

Go clubbing (seriously) the night life in tel aviv is off the hook. Things don't even get cracking till midnight-1 or so. It's INSANE. If you want some places to go I can get a hold of some of my Israeli friends for you

If you're looking to do more tourist/ historic stuff, I'm pretty sure cesaria (SP) (it's an ancient ruined roman city) is between tel aviv and hifa (again sp?) I've been there, that was super awesome if you're into that. I would also make a point of getting to the old city of Jerusalem it's only about an hour drive and it's absolutely breathtaking (the whole old city is built in this white stone that basically shines in the light)

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
More likely to die on the roads there than get blown up by a terrorist.

Go clubbing (seriously) the night life in tel aviv is off the hook. Things don't even get cracking till midnight-1 or so. It's INSANE. If you want some places to go I can get a hold of some of my Israeli friends for you

If you're looking to do more tourist/ historic stuff, I'm pretty sure cesaria (SP) (it's an ancient ruined roman city) is between tel aviv and hifa (again sp?) I've been there, that was super awesome if you're into that. I would also make a point of getting to the old city of Jerusalem it's only about an hour drive and it's absolutely breathtaking (the whole old city is built in this white stone that basically shines in the light)
May be going out with some IDF girls Friday...but I am more of the Irish pub type than a clubber these days. May see Massada this weekend, have you been out that way? And Jerusalem is on the list for sure.

And yeah, the traffic is insane...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Massada, 99% of the tourists take the tram as everyone says the snake path is too hard. Well it probably is for the Supersize it Micky D set. We ran up it in shorts, light weight hikers and tee shirts in about an hour. we were waiting at the top for quite a while until the rest of our group made it through the tram line, just pay your entry fee at the bottom and hit the trail. Hiking/ running up really gives you an appreciation for the place. Running back down was a blast

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
May be going out with some IDF girls Friday...but I am more of the Irish pub type than a clubber these days. May see Massada this weekend, have you been out that way? And Jerusalem is on the list for sure.

And yeah, the traffic is insane...
Careful, those chicks will break your dick off. I've been to all of 1 club in the US, and hated it, I'm not the clubbing type either, but tel aviv nite life is nuts.

If you can make it out to Masada I definitely would. I've been there once, we hike up at like 4AM and watched the sunrise over the desert, pretty incredible. The fortress is also really cool (I like history) with some incredible views of the desert..

And what eric said about the hike. It's not hard at all.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Girls were very cool...trip was interesting. I may be back there in late summer.

Hiked up Masada, 42 minutes up. Took tram down. Was a little freaked out by the tourist stuff at the base. Pissed a guy off who overheard me call it the Jewish Alamo...