Quantcast

a weekend -- 2 days - 2 rides

splat

Nam I am
Lets start with Saturday , got a late notice message invinting me to ride with Jack Maxwell over in Hale/Satans Kingdom with Him and some riders from a local Bike shop. SO I hopped in the car and over I went. Temperature was about 30 degrees and dropping, every time I took a drink ther ewas some ice in the bite valve.

we got going , and these guys were fast , I was sucking wind at the back most of the ride so I didn't get many Pics

but I got a few

A roller

Jack had a Small problem with his saddle like it wound up in 5 pieces.

Put a spare a saddle on and Jack was good to go again .

Here is Jack on a Log ride.

some rock

Harry Hood on a climb

well that was all the pics I got from that.

now on to Sunday Morning , it was cold , about 20 degrees when I left.

met up with Vos, Silver turtle, Kranky Karl, Dan and BadDNA.

The turlte , Followed by Karl and Dan

Vos was doing the first ride on his new Giant Reign frame, here is vos airing it out

Dan would Break His chain , in 2 places!!!

the turtle climbs

Dan dropping donnies demise .

Karl

the ground was nice and cruncy!!

the turtle

Dan

on the Top of 3 ledges .

Dan

The turtle followed by Karl

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
Those trails near Bedford, MA by any chance. My cousins moved up there and my spend like a week up there. Is Vietnam around there?

peterk123

Chimp
Dec 2, 2007
Splat,

Great pics. I have been lurking on this site for almost a year and I have learned to look for your ride reports. I have been riding Nam on and off for about 17 years and I have been eyeballing the jumps you guys have built. Me and one of my buddies built a small drop in my front yard and that finally aided my courage.

I think we actually may have passed you guys yesterday as you were exiting Nam around 1:30PM. I have some pics of us dropping Frame Twister, which I will post once I get back into Town. We would love to hook up with you guys in the Spring. Your crew could certainly teach us a thing or two and we would like to help with some trail maintenance.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Splat,

Great pics. I have been lurking on this site for almost a year and I have learned to look for your ride reports. I have been riding Nam on and off for about 17 years and I have been eyeballing the jumps you guys have built. Me and one of my buddies built a small drop in my front yard and that finally aided my courage.

I think we actually may have passed you guys yesterday as you were exiting Nam around 1:30PM. I have some pics of us dropping Frame Twister, which I will post once I get back into Town. We would love to hook up with you guys in the Spring. Your crew could certainly teach us a thing or two and we would like to help with some trail maintenance.
We'd be glad to have you aboard. We ride all winter long (traveling down to the Cape when there's snow up here) so feel free to drop us a line before next spring if you want.

dirtrider2

Chimp
Jan 22, 2006
nam bomber
You'll just have to get in touch with Karl, our public relations manager. He seems to go by Grouchy Old B@stid (at least that seems to be what everyone calls him 'round these parts). He'll respond to your reqest more quickly if you call him on a Sunday afternoon and refer to yourself as a tenent of his who needs to have some repairs made to your apartment right away! ;)

Dave

peterk123

Chimp
Dec 2, 2007
We try to ride in the winter but skiing comes first. I have two daughters that would kill me if I did not take them up to Wachusett on the weekends. With that said, I will get to Nam whenever possible. I don't want to lose the courage to hit the drops in the Spring.

DORO

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
i heard of carrying spare tubes, deraileur, hanger, chain etc...but a spare saddle?

peterk123

Chimp
Dec 2, 2007
Okay, here is our attempt at some pics. Mind that we are rookies, both from a pic standpoint and jumping. However, it helps to be under thirty, like Rich (dark jersey). I think with a little coaxing, he'll go off of anything. Me, I prefer to drop softly:

Here's Rich: