Quantcast

A weekend at Kingdom Trails (Warning: Same old boring ride pics)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
A few of us monkeys went to East Burke, VT this weekend for two days of riding. It was myself, MtnBikerChk, MMcG and girlfriend Laura, and Splat and Ms Splat. The weather was beautiful..once it warmed up. We had an awesome time.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Splat and I decided to start the weekend early with a pre-breakfast wake up ride Saturday at 7:00 AM. It was a bit chilly...

We made the one mile uphill road climb to the top of the Moose Alley dh trail, then bombed down the trail. It took us over an hour to do the 2.5 mile loop (damn climb). Here is Splat enjoyong the ride...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Ms Splat on a bridge. She's kind of hesitant about doing bridges, so we gave her a spot. She rolled it no problem.

This is Laura on the same bridge. Laura's confidence on bridges had been shaken due to an earlier crash. She fell off a bridge and landed on her face, so we spotted her on this one. Even with a bruised face, she rode the entire weekend and kicked butt!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Pictures don't really do this section justice. It's a hard left uphill turn over roots. The ridemonkeys were zero-for-six in clearing this successfully. :) First comes MBC, then MMcG, then Splat.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Last pic. Our happy little group. Left to right: Ms Splat, Splat, MtnBikerChk, Jollytime, Laura, MMcG, Baboon.

What a fun weekend. I have about 50 more pics, but I'll spare you. :D

J

JRB

Cool - now get back to moderating. These monkeys are out of control.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
The Weekend kicked major ass - amazing weather, great friends, amazing trails, awesome pizza, Nitro Beer, riding with the King of the Kingdom - what more could a Monkey ask for???

Here's where we stayed - the B&B at Moose Crossing - great place to stay and the owners are super nice and serve a mean breakfast!

We stayed in the Annex while Splat and Mrs. Splat stayed in the Main House. Good Morning MBC!!! Ready to ride?? :)

Splat, Laura, Mrs Splat, and I started out on trails just up the road from the B&B and worked our way down to the bike shop where MBC was having some busted spokes repaired. Laura took a really hard digger going over a bridge with some tricky roots in front of it, and bruised her cheek and chin pretty badly - but she's a trooper and one tough woman and she got back on the bike and rode like a champ the rest of the day.

One of the earlier trails we hit on Saturday was Pound Cake - here are MBC and IAB rippin it up.

Oh yeah in order to get to Pound Cake and a bunch of other tasty trails you have to climb up Darling Hill Road - here's a shot of Laura right on IAB's ass up the hill. Laura can climb - we just gotta keep coaching her on getting her butt behind the saddle on the downhill stuff and she'll be rippin it up in no time.

Laura coming up a little hill - notice the smile - and that's after taking that major digger and I think one other fall after that too. I think she's hooked. :)

Here's IAB practicing his "Heisman Pose" while on a bike - actually he's about to grab that tree - I thought he was going to ride right by me - oh well.

Well we put in a good couple of hours and then Maggie and Splat headed back into town and MBC, IAB, Laura and I continued on to his Webs, Toady's Tour, and a few other choice trails in the Kingdom Trails (Love this place!!)

Here's an idea of what you get to weave through while riding Webs - If only it weren't such a short trail right MBC? ;)

After hitting Webs and Tody's we did a bunch of climbing to get back onto the dirt road by the Wildflower Inn and then back into town.

Here's a shot of IAB, MBC, and Laura riding up the dirt road - I think they use this section of the road for one of the Kingdom Trails T-shirts.

The rigs served us Monkeys well on Saturday!

IAB, MBC, and Laura took the car back to the B&B from the bike shop in town, but I was feeling good so I kept on riding the Surly back to our rooms. Damn I had a lot of fun on that bike this weekend! :cool: :) :)

We all showered up and then hit the Trout River Brewing Company for some tasty beverages (Nitro Pale Ale baby!!) and yummy pizzas. We topped that off with some ice cream in Lyndonville for dessert. Yum!

On Sunday Jollytime met us at the B&B and led us on a great loop through some tasty tasty tasty swirvy, curvy singletrack in the Kingdom. Good times!

Some pics from Sunday:
Babs

Laura

The women climbing up to Heaven's Bench

Nature Calls for IAB :sneaky:

Things are going to get really busy for Laura and me with our kids and sports and school etc. etc. - so this weekend riding, and hanging out with friends in the Kingdom Trails was truly something special. I had an amazing time. Thanks IAB, MBC, Splat, Maggie, Jollytime and Laura for making it such an incredible weekend!!!!

splat

Nam I am
OK , Now here are my Pics ! At least Day 1

SInce IAB And I decided to do the early ride meant , riding Up Pinkham road!
for those of you who have done the drunk night ride , know what this is all about !

but I must say it was chilly when we started but afeter a few minutes of Go up this we weren't cold any More.

Now Down Moose alley!

Next we ate breakfast then the rest of the crew came along , since now it was a weee bit warms 30 dgrees or so warmer .

MMcG on a Bermed turn

My Wife on the same turn

Laura and my Wife , next to a corn field , really should have gotten a "field of Dreams" shot

Then onto the Darling hill road section , these were on the pavement every 50 feet, took 4 shots till I finally got a usable one. think a few bikes go up it ?

MBC on Pound cake

IAB just being rude !

My wife riding through a field

Laura Same field Farther back .

MBC fighting up that Hill

IAB just clowning around

That is all for day 1

splat

Nam I am
Day 2 !

Well we planned on a earlier Breakfast , so that ment if IAB and I wanted to do pinkham road again we'd have to go even earlier , Well they had a frost so it was colderans earlier , we decided to sleep instead.
but we ate Breakfast , JT stopped by the B&B and off we went .
JT King ofthe Kingdom was our excellent Guide ( all we needed was Douglas and 4 :monkey:s and a Baboon would have been complete

here is MBC riding on Herbs .

JT leads on

IAB riding through the woods

My wife in a section of woods

IAB crossing a Plank

Climbing up to Heavens Bench , MMcg MBC, My Wife and laura, with Burke Mt in hte background.

My Wife sitting on Heavens Bench

I Really like this pic , coming over the hill IAB, MMcG and Laura

a Few seconds later , with my wife now in sight too

MMcG coming down the Rim ( or was it ridge trail ? ) any way , it was fun , but if you messed up the penlaty was bad! If I took one step back from my vantage point was a long way down !

watch out for that Hole!!!

It was very tough to get pictures of JT

My wife hits the Dirt , Nothing major

Laura nad MBC on Kitchell

My wife right behind them

MBC , we are Done!!!

that is all for my riding pics I have a Couple others in the other camera I will get to next.

splat

Nam I am
Well I have a Few Misc Shots .

the Sign Out side where we were staying , the The B&B at moose crossing!

here is hte Moose !

Since it is a B & B , here we all are for Breakfast!

IAB is ready to Go!!!

and then of course we went down to East Burke and ther ewere some interesting Rigs.
I figured this had MMcG written all over it , he needs it !

And what a good way to use Braze on's on this surley 1X1

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
<snip>Once question - you really gotta *pay* to ride trails out there? :think:
Once question??? WTF??? Are you going to tell a fairy tale???

*we have to pay to ride some trails around here. We already know the world is not as cool as CO, so keep it on the down low.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
you say " same old boring ride pics" but I say let me at them...As usual great pics , I m still trying to work my way up there soon

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
SkaredShtles said:
Goddam! That was a picture *SPECTACLE*! Nicely done, one and all. Looks like a great weekend.

Once question - you really gotta *pay* to ride trails out there? :think:

over 100 miles of singletrack plus 2 full time employees dedicated to trail maintance, its well worth the $$