Quantcast

A weekend on the coast (pics...)

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Just a fun little photo montage of my trip to Plum island last weekend…

Plum Island is a protected wildlife preserve off the coast of Mass. It’s about 6.5 miles long, and is fairly remote. There are no houses, and very few people go there… hard to find these days…

Plumb Island

Some of these dunes were 30 feet tall… I jumped off a few of them… nice tranny…

The water was pretty cold, but it was fun to swim in the ocean again.

A local hottie…

We drank a couple bottles of nice red…

Me and my baby…

Shellhenge

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
We went riding in Newburyport and Plum Island a couple weeks ago. Nice area. Good photos. Did you get eaten by the green-headed flies? They sucked when we were there. Could draft us riding at 20mph and keep biting...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
ditto. shellhenge is teh win. :D <--- terminology just to spite Ciaran

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Plum Island is actually road acessible...

We stayed at a Marriott in Amesbury... it was in the middle of Plum Island and Hampton Beach which we visited the 2nd day.

And yes, the green headed flies had me for breakfast, lunch and dinner... :angry:

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
bluebug32 said:
I've been to the Cape, but never heard of this place. Is it far from there?

And I'm with everyone else on the shellhenge. Nice pics!
It's on the north shore (as opposed to the cape, which is south). There's a commuter line from boston that goes as far as newbury. To answer the other question, plum island is not far from land, so there's just a bridge that goes over the little waterway to it. Road is a bit shady with traffic and bad surface. Nice when you get there, tho.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
good riding in gloucester.

i am embarrassed to admit that for 10 years i've lived about 20 miles away from plum island and i've never been there. sounds like i've got some weekend plans.