Quantcast

A word on Snowshoe

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
One of my very few hang-ups with moving to SLC was the fact that I wouldn't be able to ride Snowshoe regularly, if at all. So, when I was able to get time off to come back to WV for a wedding, working in a trip was a no-brainer.

After 2 weddings and an after party, I got to bed at 2:30 AM on Sunday only to be woken up 4 hours later. Needless to say, I was far from amped, but still drug my ass out of bed and got going. We got there a bit later in the morning, but with plenty of ride time. As we geared up, the clean cool air cleared my head enough to bring me back to reality. I was about to ride my home mountain for the first time this summer, and I was pumped.

Anyway, the guy I was riding broke his tib/fib a year earlier at Snowshoe, so the freeride park was pretty much out. That immediately became a non-issue half-way into our first run in the Western Territory. I haven't seen Snowshoe this dry since the summer of '99. The trails were smooth and super fast. But, the best part was the condition of everything. The new trails were all amazing, even the somewhat dilapidated Power Line. The crew up there has done a great job, and to say I'm grateful would be an understatement. I've been riding at Snowshoe since the days of XC bikes, when a good run meant you didn't clip out, and I can easily say that this was the most fun I've had there yet. I was running primarily on Adrenalin, which promptly ran out around 4, ending a great day of stepping it up on all the new stuff and even hitting some stuff I've avoided or wasn't do-able in the past. It's too bad the skiing doesn't stack up in WV, cause the riding is up there with the best in the country, no doubt.

I saw T-Pro and Dartman briefly on the shuttle, but they were most likely riding the basin side, cause I didn't see them after that. Hope to see you guys and others next year.

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
SKYWAYBUZZ said:
Ya It was Super cool to see You with your friend! See ya soon.
Hey man, didn't know you posted on here...didn't think to ask either.

Yeah, great riding w/ you. I'll definitely shoot you a PM when I head back next summer.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Sorry I missed you. Buzz, Justin and I rode Sat and a little on Sunday hen hit the road early sunday would have stuck around if we would have known you where coming. Glad you had a good time. The last couple of months at Snowshoe have been incredibly riding. The trails just kept getting better and the weather was always perfect.

Dennis