Quantcast

A work in progress Session

some sneak peeks of the front fork...

now onto the frame...

It's a work in progress. I plan to finish after my next payday. But here is my tentative build list:

Session 88 Frameset
Boxxer World Cup
Sunline direct-mount stem
Sunline V1 bars
ODI Intense lock-ons
SRAM X.9 rear shifter and X.9 short cage derailleur
SRAM 970 11-26 cassette
Saint or Elixir brakes (still debating)
Saint cranks
E.13 LG+ guide
Crank Bros. Mallet pedals
Thomson post
WTB LaserV
Hope Pro2 hubs w Stans ZTR Flows

first batch of parts came in from chainreactioncycles. the 2nd batch to finish the build will be coming in from go-ride...

decided to go with Mavic EX721s instead of the ZTRs, since i've had such great luck with my current 521s. also spec'd the middleburns instead of the Saint M815, overall costing me less and much lighter, but i'm losing out on the outboard BB type design since its ISIS.

I hope to put up a complete build in a week or so...

bike's done!

nothing flashy, but took it out for some local runs today and it felt great. took a long while to get the bike together but it's exactly what i wanted parts wise. intense 909/edge tires hooked up well today.

weight is coming in at around 36lbs. i'm pretty stoked to get my DH bike back after 5 long yrs.

TankerX

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
The best place Fo Sho
On the 909's, are they the folding bead 2-plys? I seen Jenson had them for dirt cheap. I'm wondering how well they'll hook up VS Maxxis Minions! What size are u running? I was thinking of running 2.5(front) and 2.35 ion the rear.

they're the single ply dual compound versions. they hooked up well, drifted predictably when i wanted them to. i do have the 2-ply DH versions also, but i'll only be using them for racing, as they are the softer compound.

we'll see if they wear well and stay hooked up in conditions other than dusty/hardpack.

davec113

Monkey
May 24, 2009
Very nice... I'm picking up my Session from the lbs tomorrow, and of course the temps dropped and we got a bit of snow today:(