Quantcast

A work in progress......shaping up pretty nicely

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
With the help of a fellow rider and occasional Monkey - crashtest - and his chocolate lab, Denali, the headset was installed with a little ingenuity and resourcefulness - thanks crashtest - I owe you some beer!

Came home and commenced with building as much as I could get done last night. Finished up close to Midnight.

Here she is as she sits this morning.

I'm hopeful that the seatpost from Orven/Shyrmp will arrive today, that way I can get a sense of the cockpit. I think I may need a stem that falls in between the Titec (100mm) on there now and a short (65mm maybe) Bontrager stem I have waiting in the wings.

I also gotta see if I can pick up the Mary Bars I'd like to run tonight. If not, I may just go with the Hellbents.

I'd love to find a 90mm/zero rise Easton Mag 60 stem - I think one of those black Magnesium jobbers would look great on this frame. But they are hard as hell to find now.

I think she's gonna be a fun bike.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Awesome. Except I would have expected it to be built and on the trail by now. C'mon man, get the lead out.

Looks good. Can you bump that thing over to SS if you want?

Still waiting patiently to order my SIR 9. :grumble:

*edit: woohoo! my 1000th post... It only took ~5 years (with several admin thread deletions along the way)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I'd have to run an Eno hub or use a rollenlager or other tensioner to SS this one.

But it is kinda nice to have the vertical dropouts when running gears.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Update:

Seatpost arrived from Shyrmp and Orven - sweetness!! Thanks!!
Chain arrived from a guy on bustedspoke.com - nice!
Specialized Fast Track Tires arrived at work from a guy on mtbr.com

She's comin together!!! :monkeydance: