Quantcast

A Wow Passage

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
So I was given a book last week about divorce. I hadn't looked at it at all. Then yesterday, I was cleaning out my bookbag and it fell out. As I picked it up it opened to page 108. So I thought, ok...that's a sign for me to read it. Seems like it's not just about divorce, but more about relationships, of all kinds. This is what I read... (throwing it out there for you mjonkeys...especially anyone going through a seperation, whether it's spousal, family or friendship)

The Law of Responsibility governs the choices we make. There's no accident in who we are attracted to. It's in the seeds of our karma. Every person we attract into our lives is there to move us to the next phase of our personal evolution. They behave in whatever manner is necessary to show us the places where we need healing and make us confront the issues that prevent us from fulfilling our potential. When we take full responsibility for our lives, we understand that the relationships we find ourselves in are not mere accidents but custom-designed opportunities to heal and grow.

Karmic relationships, by definition, are relationships that are meant to be. A relationship is karmic whether it's traumatic, abusive, happy, satisfying, or purely sexual. Our soul's vibratory frequency creates a field of resonance that surrounds us and attracts those people who vibrate at the same frequency. If you have issues with being abandoned, you vibrate at a particular frequency, and you attract people in the same frequency who will abandon you. Until you heal this within yourself, you will continue to attract people who bring it to your awareness.

:cupidarrow:

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
So let me get this straight. Life pretty much sucks, as far as relationships go. Right.:rant:
Not at all... I think it just reminds us that when we're in a bad relationship, it's for a reason. And even a bad one can help you move forward, whether it's a bad marriage, difficult friendship, or even a family member...

Aug 31, 2006
Our soul's vibratory frequency creates a field of resonance that surrounds us and attracts those people who vibrate at the same frequency.
However you want to look at it, however you want to analyze it, that's fvckin' true.

When I was at my lowest point, when I was feeling like being an @sshole, I got involved with a married woman. That was a beauty of a low point in my life.

When I was feeling good about myself and at peace, I met the most awesome woman ever.

Aug 31, 2006
I don't understand why y'all can't ignore people you don't like. It's not like she suprised you by posting randomly in the middle of some thread, it says she's the thread starter.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I'm not much into karma. But anytime you can turn a bad thing into a good thing by looking at it as a learning experience is pretty cool. That makes it easier to move forward. Sometimes life deals you a pretty raw deal. It's nice to be able to move on thinking 'that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Or is it 'that which doesn't kill you makes you easier to kill next time'. I forget.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I don't understand why y'all can't ignore people you don't like. It's not like she suprised you by posting randomly in the middle of some thread, it says she's the thread starter.
Maybe it was fate that he read this thread...

His laptop fell out of his bag, and there it was...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Haha it appears as if there are alot of people "vibrating" away from Graphics.

All that anger must just be sexual tension....

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
This is pretty much the same thing that Hendrix talks about in his books, "Getting the love you want". The idea is that you subconsciously choose a mate that is most like the parent you have issues with, and until you resolved your early childhood issues, you have too much crap in the way to become ideal marriage partners with each other.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
The Law of Responsibility governs the choices we make. There's no accident in who we are attracted to. It's in the seeds of our karma. Every person we attract into our lives is there to move us to the next phase of our personal evolution. They behave in whatever manner is necessary to show us the places where we need healing and make us confront the issues that prevent us from fulfilling our potential. When we take full responsibility for our lives, we understand that the relationships we find ourselves in are not mere accidents but custom-designed opportunities to heal and grow.

Karmic relationships, by definition, are relationships that are meant to be. A relationship is karmic whether it's traumatic, abusive, happy, satisfying, or purely sexual. Our soul's vibratory frequency creates a field of resonance that surrounds us and attracts those people who vibrate at the same frequency. If you have issues with being abandoned, you vibrate at a particular frequency, and you attract people in the same frequency who will abandon you. Until you heal this within yourself, you will continue to attract people who bring it to your awareness.
Although I personally favor the OT "reap what you sow" phraseology to the Karmic version, the basic reasoning is sound. It all happens for reasons beyond our capacity for understanding, but by focusing on the divine over the earthly, we make progress towards our ultimate preordained destiny- final judgement and, with grace, reunification with our maker. :happydance:

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
Although I personally favor the OT "reap what you sow" phraseology to the Karmic version, the basic reasoning is sound. It all happens for reasons beyond our capacity for understanding, but by focusing on the divine over the earthly, we make progress towards our ultimate preordained destiny- final judgement and, with grace, reunification with our maker. :happydance:

and reagge + guns = :confused:

(ooo...I just had a great "graphic" visual)

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
and reagge + guns = :confused:

(ooo...I just had a great "graphic" visual)
Reggae music and firearms are among my fa-vo-rite things. What better to help unwind from some serious cap-bustin' than the sweet, peaceful sounds of reggae? Believe me- if you've just finished blasting things with guns of various caliber, the last thing you need to be listening to is metal! Good metal makes me want to rip someone's throat out, so I try to avoid it while driving home from the range on roads where I'm likely to be cut-off or tailgated.

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
Reggae music and firearms are among my fa-vo-rite things. What better to help unwind from some serious cap-bustin' than the sweet, peaceful sounds of reggae? Believe me- if you've just finished blasting things with guns of various caliber, the last thing you need to be listening to is metal! Good metal makes me want to rip someone's throat out, so I try to avoid it while driving home from the range on roads where I'm likely to be cut-off or tailgated.
Maybe you should put the gun down and "smoke" something else.