Quantcast

AAAAAAHHHHHHHh MY SHOULDER!!!!!

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Ok I was trying out what seemed to be a simple trick...a peg manual...I couldn't pull it off and as the front tire touched back on the ground it turned causing me to fall. But as the tire turned to the right it caused my left shoulder to kinda sorta extend. I heard/felt this sound kinda like when you take a fist full of celery and twist. It kinda hurts now...what happened? And no I don't need no stinkin' doctors! Considering a physical therapist told me a few years ago that I didn't have very many workin ligaments and tendons...allowing me to partially dislocate my shoulders at will.

Surly

Chimp
In fact, you probably need TWO doctors. A GP who will send you to an Ortho. Sounds like you may have surgery in your future, young man. Talk to El Jefe--he seems to be on intimate terms with his Ortho, he can probably recommend someone.

The shoulder is a very complex joint.
Welder, don't be a tough guy. Seek the advice of an ortho. I had your same problem and eventually my big-headedness landed me in the ER and ultimately a 14K surgery!

And please, what dh bike are you going for? Thanks again for the Cavenders, i used it last night!

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Originally posted by LOOnatic
The shoulder is a very complex joint.
Welder, don't be a tough guy. Seek the advice of an ortho. I had your same problem and eventually my big-headedness landed me in the ER and ultimately a 14K surgery!

And please, what dh bike are you going for? Thanks again for the Cavenders, i used it last night!
No worries...shoulder all better now! No seriously I was born borderline retarded or something...guess it runs in the family cuz my cousin can pop her shoulder's out as well. The best way to describe it is that my shoulders are partially double jointed. But yeah I'm going to see a doc soon for both my ankles and my shoulders. A PT already told me that the option for that "shrink wrap" surgery where they stick lasers into your shoulder and shrink your tendons/ligaments, is open. But he said that normally if there is no pain and it doesn't impede on daily life its not really worth it cuz I'd be out at least 8months per shoulder...so figure a year for both shoulders.

A DH bike looks to be the V10....but my manager is a prick and won't let me buy it yet. I'm the only guy in teh bike shop that doesn't have a mountain bike....but I've been tooling around on my BMX. Yeah I'm starting to run out of Cavenders...I got to call my buddy and have him send me some more.