Quantcast

AAHH!! Attack of the spiders!

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Ummm....you're going to want to stay away from them... I saw some of those bad boys when I was in the Cambodian jungle...But, the ones I saw had yellow stripings instead of white and they were about 4x the size of those....same web design and also with the grouping of their legs...

One guy got bit by one....it wasn't pretty...one of the locals took a very large (and not too clean...or sharp...) knife to the very raised and sensitive area about a day later....it hurt the guy so bad that being stabbed was better than leaving it I guess.....Well, a lot of nasty stuff came out....green, yellow, black, red....then it went away...dude almost passed out...

Don't know if the white markings mean that it's harmless or more dangerous...never did do any research once I got back....maybe you can find something.....

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
so it turns out that theyre yellow garden spiders. the female is larger than the male. and the male is the one with the zigzag web. they are venomous but apparently its not harmful to humans. so i guess it was a different species than you saw secret squirrel

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
lovebunny said:
so it turns out that theyre yellow garden spiders. the female is larger than the male. and the male is the one with the zigzag web. they are venomous but apparently its not harmful to humans. so i guess it was a different species than you saw secret squirrel
Whew....good to hear...cause I'm comin' down that way for the first national in fontana....don't want a repeat of Cambodia!!:dead:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
How about Giant Japanese Hornets from Hell

A small but highly efficient killing machine—a hornet two inches long and with a wingspan up to three inches—lurks in the mountains of Japan. The voracious predator has a quarter-inch stinger that pumps out a dose of venom with an enzyme so strong it can dissolve human tissue.
Video

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
robdamanii said:
Video doesn't work, but goddamned those things give me the creeps.
Found the video elsewhere and fixed the link above.

Here is the wiki page on them

The video shows what is described below:

The hornets often attack honeybee hives with the goal of obtaining the honeybee larvae. The hornets can devastate a colony of honeybees: a single hornet can kill as many as 40 honeybees per minute; it takes only a few of these hornets a few hours to exterminate the population of a 30,000-member honeybee hive, leaving a trail of severed insect heads and limbs. Once a hive is emptied of all defending bees, the hornets carry the honeybee larvae back to feed to their own larvae.
In Japan they fry them, eat them in sushi, and even make a sports drink from their venom...

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
those camel spiders freak me out so bad. nothing is worse than those crazy centipedes in africa or south america (forget exactly) that get to be like 2' long and about 3" diameter. ugh.:eek: