Quantcast

Aaron Gwin Awesome

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Just a shout out to the short timer who landed the USA back in the top three at a WC race! Post thoughts below. Or delete whatever!:eek:

mgy

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
Morrison
Wow, I am impressed. I knew he was top 10 worthy but 3rd place on one of the toughest WC tracks, I am blown away! Great racing.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Wow, I am impressed. I knew he was top 10 worthy but 3rd place on one of the toughest WC tracks, I am blown away! Great racing.
No doubt. Only 4 1/2 seconds back to Hill on a course he's pretty good on and only Steve Peat in between is a great result for anybody, which makes this even more awesome! Needless to say, Bromont and Schladming could be very interesting.

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
so awesome! can't believe he just started racing WC last year..

curious when was the last time the USA has been in the top 3 in the WC?

Salty4X

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
I thought this thread was about Gwinny? Mad props bro, not a person more deserving on the hill.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Who here still thinks Palmer is still going to inspire American downhillers?
You mean the 40 year old guy who qualified for a World Cup despite not even being on a DH bike for ten years and who was hooting and hollering his way through practice. Vs the kids who train and ride daily and couldn't even get into the main?

93, 104, 111, 118, 121, 123, 134, 135, 138, 141

Those are the qualifier placings for other American Riders, including more than a couple on full factory rides.

Ya, I'd say he might just light a fire under their asses.

You mean the 40 year old guy who qualified for a World Cup despite not even being on a DH bike for ten years and who was hooting and hollering his way through practice. Vs the kids who train and ride daily and couldn't even get into the main?

Those are the qualifier placings for other American Riders, including more than a couple on full factory rides.

He speaks the truth...

Go Gwin!!!

EM-EFER

Monkey
May 29, 2007
you mean the 40 year old guy who qualified for a world cup despite not even being on a dh bike for ten years and who was hooting and hollering his way through practice. Vs the kids who train and ride daily and couldn't even get into the main?

those are the qualifier placings for other american riders, including more than a couple on full factory rides.

Ya, i'd say he might just light a fire under their asses.
oh snap!

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001

I'd say he toasted their asses... and embarrassed them ;)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Velonews also asked jared why he choose clips for this race, if he was on the only one on clips, and why he used a hardtail when everyone else used FS bikes (they don't, obviously).

Jared tried hard not to laugh.

R

rb92078

I think Colin's podium was Durango World Cup of 02-03'??? I forget.

Whatever the case, I hope this is the first of many podium appearances for the Dual Diamond studded californian.

Calgary World Cup 2004. I wanna say 4th. A course that resembled Sea Otter slightly. Nontheless it was a World Cup Podium.

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz

I think you took me the wrong way....I didnt mean to come across as knocking Palmer at all..sorry

I just think if Americans need insipation/motivation they should be look at Gwin an Strobel etc:thumb:

Mike Fitz

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
Charlotte Nc

Great Job Gwin

And I would have to agree ( also 40 years old myself ) He has insparied me.:thumb:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Velonews also asked jared why he choose clips for this race, if he was on the only one on clips, and why he used a hardtail when everyone else used FS bikes (they don't, obviously).

Jared tried hard not to laugh.
You mean they didn't ask him what he thought of Lance getting 3rd? or ask him if they follow lance's baby on twitter...or ask if he wanted any free lance armstrong posters for the yeti truck...or ask him if he wanted to change his name to Jared Armstrong?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
was cleaning up a drive of when I first bought a nice camera in the 2005, I took it out to fontana that day. I was tossing the whole folder because the pics were crud, but saw this pic of Cody Warren having a chat with Aaron Gwin it looks like?
from 2005: