Quantcast

about 12 hours from now........

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I will be standing in line to get a lift ticket. :D

Ill do a run or 2 down Shleyer for those not able to be be there...... :)

Maybe even take a picture.

sorry, but had to share.....im excited after not riding much this past month.....

Oh, and in about 24 hours, i may just get back online to let ya all know how it was.....

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
GOt home t 12:00 last night... too tired to log on....

Whistler was so good. The top was foggy and cold, but pretty dry. The bottom was in good shape too, only dusty in Hornet. Freight train was fun, but my jumping skills need lots more work. No Joke was my favorite run. Made it back no injury or broken parts!

Saw the Kona/Rocky crew riding around on all the new gear. Watson was on the new stinky, and Shley had a white 888. We saw them at days end getting a truck ride up from the top of the lifts. Im sure they were off for the fun only they can have there.

Gonna try for closing weekend. I hear thats always fun..

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
The Kadvang said:
****kkkk I miss whistler.

Me too. I rode my bike today for the first time in 5 weeks. A friend of mine has named the funk after a B.C. trip as L.A.W. (life after Whistler). The typical L.A.W. funk can last from 3-6 weeks. Two friends that went with me still haven't taken their bike out of the boxes yet. A riding friend of ours went to Whistler in summer '03 and just started riding again this January.

Be very careful of L.A.W. It can lead to extreme stupidity like the urge to fruitboot, play golf, and engage in other stupid sports. :dead:

RaID

Turbo Monkey
Salami said:
Me too. I rode my bike today for the first time in 5 weeks. A friend of mine has named the funk after a B.C. trip as L.A.W. (life after Whistler). The typical L.A.W. funk can last from 3-6 weeks. Two friends that went with me still haven't taken their bike out of the boxes yet. A riding friend of ours went to Whistler in summer '03 and just started riding again this January.

Be very careful of L.A.W. It can lead to extreme stupidity like the urge to fruitboot, play golf, and engage in other stupid sports. :dead:

im getting worried thats going to happen to me, after riding the shore and whistler all summer, when ill get home finally
it just wont be the same on my home trails :(

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
RaID said:
im getting worried thats going to happen to me, after riding the shore and whistler all summer, when ill get home finally
it just wont be the same on my home trails :(
There is only one known cure I have heard of that is supposed to work 100% of the time. The known remedy is to permanently move to within a two hour or closer drive of Whistler and buy a season's pass. :thumb:

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
Salami said:

Ahhh man couldn't be truer... my bro hasn't taken his bike outta the box yet. I finally got the drive to take the demo to the shop to get it fixed.

I've just been surfing instead haha

RaID

Turbo Monkey
Salami said:
There is only one known cure I have heard of that is supposed to work 100% of the time. The known remedy is to permanently move to within a two hour or closer drive of Whistler and buy a season's pass. :thumb:

yeh, atm moment it looks like ill do a season up there in 07,
unfortunately the moving country bit permenantly is a bit of a problem
(cant have 3 citizenships)

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
RaID said:
so in other words dont go that weekend
ill probably head up there next weekend if the weather is not bad
I think they are having Joyride, or some other event. Also they have premires of the new NWD video, and other stuff. Ive never gone, but friends have. I hope to make it this year.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Five said:
Yeah, way foggy and cold up top, my goggles kept fogging up. Good to see you up there.

These big bikes are weird.
It was strange how many NW peeps were there, although We hardly ever saw anyone. With the top open now we all get so spread out.

Hope all went well for your crew.

Big bikes fun :)

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Yep, no injuries or broken bikes in my crew. The only time I saw any other NW riders was at the bottom. Usually eating or just hanging out waiting for others. Fun times though, I'm hoping I can make it up again before it closes. I'm still not at 100%.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
vibiker said:
The weather up there was absolutely perfect this w/e. :dancing:

Good to finally have a chance to ride with you D.

Yea, great time. Awesome to see ya ripping the trails on that nice shiny new ride.

maybe this winter we can get you and mike off the island for some green mountain action,,,,

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
vibiker said:
The weather up there was absolutely perfect this w/e. :dancing:

Good to finally have a chance to ride with you D.
Man, you must have some really thick skin or was wearing lots of clothes, cause by the time I got up to the top it was so cold my nipples were poking through my armor.

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
Five said:
Man, you must have some really thick skin...
The thick skin helps get hurt less when I crash. :eek:

Actually, the weather changed quite a bit up top. First run, I had my windbreaker and was still cold. The next time up, 90 minutes later, it was "almost" warm.

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
I took my sweatshirt off midway through the day. Just had a t-shirt on and no upper armor so the lift ride up was pretty cold but the ride down was fine after about 3 pedal strokes ;) It was also great to meet you and catch a run with ya vibiker