Quantcast

About Classifides

mtnbiker49

Monkey
Jul 12, 2009
Milford, PA
Could we have a seperate folder for DH/FR bikes and a XC/AM? Since searching the classifides will not work, I think this would help a lot. Thanks

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That's how it used to be set up, but it was a cluttered mess.

The search function does work, but there are quirks with certain browsers. Try clearing your cookies and cached data.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Nah, the search sucks. You can search with no filter criteria, but that's it. So, you either need a specific search term, loads of patience, or to find a different website, which is unfortunately what I've been doing recently.

It would be great if we moved back to a forum based classifieds system until the search works.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Our PHP guy, Anthony, is awesome and located what looks like a perfect piece of code, but is not. Search is working perfectly now.

Please post back up if there are further problems :thumb:

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
I've been having a problem with my classifieds lately.

I'm using at photobucket account for pictures. When I copy/paste in the "IMG code" a picture will appear only half the time. The rest of the time, it ends up as a link. Could this be due to the file size?

I'm stuck, please help.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
That's odd behavior... I'm poking through your old posts and am not finding a particular pattern though Photobucket is blocked at work so I can't see if there's something with the images themselves. Have you had this problem recently? The last one I see that did it was back in early September.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
right now I have a few ads doing it.

one for sram x.7 shifters, another for some LX shifters, a handlebar and stem, a 110 headset. About half of my ads at the momment. I have several more to post, but gave up due to this problem.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Okay, I'm looking into this a bit more and it looks like all searches are performed as an "or" search. As in, searching for "giant glory" returns anything with either "giant" or "glory" even if you select match all words or match exact phrase.

I've asked our PHP guy to look into the coding of the search. In the meantime, a fairly easy workaround is to search for only one word. If it's a specific word, it makes your search easy to filter through. For instance, searching for "glory" in only ad titles will return to you only giant glory bikes and you can scan through them.

So, in short, the search works, just try to search for a single keyword. For most items this shouldn't be a big problem as there is usually an identifiable keyword that's only associated with that item (e.g. a particular model name). We're working on fixing it.

Hope that helps. I know it's not exactly what you were looking for.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Okay, so it looks like Anthony has re-written sections of the module's search code and it now works well. What a crappy module - clearly, the code team needs some help there. It was a stock module that we installed. Guess it's not stock anymore, thanks to Anthony :p

However, it appears to be fixed and functioning as it should. Test it out! You can now search for "any word" or "all words" or "exact phrase" and it actually changes what the results are like it should.