Quantcast

? about EBay

OBJMS33

Chimp
Mar 1, 2006
I was wondering if someone here could tell me about bikes on E-bay.
Specifically I have seen a Stumpjumper disc and Kona Kula Deluxe for like 600$ off msrp. They say shipped from Helena MT., but the seller is in europe How do you know if these guys are ripping you off? Any info or experience would be appreciated! THANKS!!

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
always check there feedback. I look to see if the items they have sold are similiar and was it positive, If somebody has screaming deals and 0 to lil feedback I ain't bidding. but if he has 100's of transactions and you see that some are from SELLING (don't count buying as positve) like items go ahead.

Hailight

Chimp
Mar 5, 2006
couple general rules: don't bid if:

seller said you have to contact his email first
refuses to use paypal
has negative feedback (feedback worse than 95% depending on the number of transactions)
if it's only listet for 24 hours

I generally don't bid on items with a horribly misspelled description either

I shouldn't complain about spelling errors as I'm german and don't allways know how to spell a word either:rofl:

MaxDamageDA

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
Poland
Those are one these i was trying to buy, but mine was a sunday dh first , and than v10 bike. The guy is in UK ? He was asking me to pay via western union and it was fake... he hadnt ever seen the bike in my opinion...

As hailight said...

Ebay crew is deleting those auctions asap already, but it seems that someone is stealing accounts cuz there are some of the auctions with bike from people who never dealt with them before... And all of them are bike worth 4000$ for 1000 wanting to contact them before anything and send a western union paymant to UK - and what then? forget about money and bike... pretty ****ed up ;( I gave all adresses and mails this/those guys gave me.

I also found that the same guy who was trying to rip me off is legally selling electronic stuff on ebay, and even has an ebay shop!

Look:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8777261010&category=3763&fkxs=1

Check it out:

Seller's payment instructions
For payment details email me jc2001uk@yahoo.com . I will accept monmey transfer .

Thats the same one that he was using when he was trying to rip me off with the santa v10. Double account? Fake accounts or fake email? Stolen ones? I cant tell ;/

Jezus...

sarahalyse

Chimp
Mar 9, 2006
you can buy safe on ebay...just make sure you use ebay to check out following their guidelines. then the buyer and the seller are protected. NEVER USE WESTERN UNION. to check the seller's history look at the feedback and see what people have said about him and what they have sold in the past. if you have further questions email ebay's security center, it takes about a day or so for them to get back to you but they are super helpfull. remember to follow vibiker's advice "if it's too good to be true, it probably is."