Quantcast

Absolutely dreadful news (for the 9 dwarves & other demo's)

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
in this presidency, one of "miserable failure" and "lie after lie after lie after lie" and....ummm....another round of "miserable failure", we have a silly little thing called the economy making a comeback not seen since frasier spanked ali in the thrilla-in-manilla

washington post has the rest

howyalikemenow?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
umm, yeah, but he's got to maintain it for the next year... not that I believe the presidency has much control or influence over the economy, but most people believe it.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by $tinkle
howyalikemenow?
Toby Keith song. :thumb:

umm, yeah, but he's got to maintain it for the next year... not that I believe the presidency has much control or influence over the economy, but most people believe it.
I agree that the president doesn't have the control over the preformance of the economy like people believe. :monkey:

But, it is nice that he can use that to his advantage after getting blamed for it.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
People spending their tax refund checks is hardly sustainable economic policy...

From the article:

Fueled by personal income tax cuts that became effective in July and a record surge in home mortgage refinancing, which gave households more cash to spend, consumer purchases rose at a very strong 6.6 percent annual rate in the third quarter, by far the strongest factor in the overall GDP gain.

However, many forecasters expect the effect of both those factors to ebb as time passes, and therefore as a result economic growth will drop back to around a 4 percent annual rate for the remainder of this year and in 2004.

"Both of those were one-time events," said Lee Price, research director of the Economic Policy Institute here, who said he is
concerned that the lack of new jobs and weak wage and salary income could hold back future economic growth rates.

So what are you so excited about?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Originally posted by ummbikes
People spending their tax refund checks is hardly sustainable economic policy...

From the article:

Fueled by personal income tax cuts that became effective in July and a record surge in home mortgage refinancing, which gave households more cash to spend, consumer purchases rose at a very strong 6.6 percent annual rate in the third quarter, by far the strongest factor in the overall GDP gain.

However, many forecasters expect the effect of both those factors to ebb as time passes, and therefore as a result economic growth will drop back to around a 4 percent annual rate for the remainder of this year and in 2004.

"Both of those were one-time events," said Lee Price, research director of the Economic Policy Institute here, who said he is
concerned that the lack of new jobs and weak wage and salary income could hold back future economic growth rates.

uhhhh...what was the question?

oh yeah. I'm cautiously optimistic & not too excited - i vaguely recall G.H.W. bush's numbers were pretty favorable this far out from his impending dispatchment. With more good news to follow (mehopes), i shall gradually sit up straighter.

i'm just saying this looks like a throat-clearing to me.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Originally posted by $tinkle
uhhhh...what was the question?

To be or not to be?

Oh, no, it was is this all going to blow up in Bush's face when the numbers start dropping again. By this time next month it could read: Growth Slips 3% Nation Fears Ressesion Not Over.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Originally posted by ummbikes

From the article:

:stupid: