Quantcast

Absolutely LOVING my new hardtail!

Urinal Mint

Monkey
Oct 10, 2003
Washington
Finally got my Thread One 100% completed today after a couple weeks of deciding which parts to put on it. I was kinda skeptical of Haro Thread Ones at first, but this thing rides awesome...hands down the sweetest hardtail I've rideen. I like it much better than my Planet X. Here's the build:

Thread One frame
Argyle 409 fork
Sun Dirt Jumping Flea/Rhyno Lite front wheel
Woodman singlespeed/Mavic 721 rear wheel
Schwalbe Tabletop tires
Gravity Gap crankset
Thompson post
Snafu saddle
Gravity light handlebars/stem
Pig pro headset
Celeincki pedals
Saint brake/goodridge housing

Weighs in at 29.4 pounds total.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
hell of a bike. i've heard the geo on those is spot on, cam zink and eric porter helped design it didn't they?

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
My recomention is: use it only for trails

just got my headtube-downtube joint craked on mine from some skatepark (bowl) riding and street riding.......

time for the next level here (20")

Urinal Mint

Monkey
Oct 10, 2003
Washington
My recomention is: use it only for trails

just got my headtube-downtube joint craked on mine from some skatepark (bowl) riding and street riding.......

time for the next level here (20")
Meh, trails are the last thing I will use this bike for. All frames break eventually. It's just another part on a bike. I've gone through several hardtails, steel, aluminum, big-brand, small-brand. At least with Haro, it wont cost me to get it replaced.

Just out of curiosity, are they going to warranty your frame? Is your bike this year's model or last year's model? Do you have a picture? I'm curious cuz the shop I work at sells em, so I want to know any problems people are having with them.

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
Meh, trails are the last thing I will use this bike for. All frames break eventually. It's just another part on a bike. I've gone through several hardtails, steel, aluminum, big-brand, small-brand. At least with Haro, it wont cost me to get it replaced.

Just out of curiosity, are they going to warranty your frame? Is your bike this year's model or last year's model? Do you have a picture? I'm curious cuz the shop I work at sells em, so I want to know any problems people are having with them.
Hey, it is a 2006 zero one. short story.
First the stock molded dropouts star slipping, so i contacted haro cs and they inmeditely send me a new pair of CNCed revised ones with screw tensioners incorporated (and they even send me a extra right one with dellarieur mount hole)
So because here is winter now and trails are all muddy i started doing some steet riding wich included decent sized gaps to flat, then i started doing 180ª and some others basic bmx moves, after a week of riding i was cleaning it and noticed the crack (yesterday)
haven't talked to haro yet but been already dealed with their CS tell me that they will take care of my frame.

Btw i just noticed that your 07 frame got some new hedtube gusset....... maybe you will got better luck with yours

Urinal Mint

Monkey
Oct 10, 2003
Washington
Hey, it is a 2006 zero one. short story.
First the stock molded dropouts star slipping, so i contacted haro cs and they inmeditely send me a new pair of CNCed revised ones with screw tensioners incorporated (and they even send me a extra right one with dellarieur mount hole)
So because here is winter now and trails are all muddy i started doing some steet riding wich included decent sized gaps to flat, then i started doing 180ª and some others basic bmx moves, after a week of riding i was cleaning it and noticed the crack (yesterday)
haven't talked to haro yet but been already dealed with their CS tell me that they will take care of my frame.

Btw i just noticed that your 07 frame got some new hedtube gusset....... maybe you will got better luck with yours
Yeah, I know they addressed some issues that the '06 model had including dropouts and headtubes. Haven't heard of any busted '07 models yet, and I've sold 5 or 6 out of my shop.

Eatmyfood!

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
Urinal mint, is that the snafu dunbar seat by any chance? If it is, how do you like it? Is it particularly uncomfortable if you sit down on it for a while?

Or what kind of snafu seat is it?

Urinal Mint

Monkey
Oct 10, 2003
Washington
Urinal mint, is that the snafu dunbar seat by any chance? If it is, how do you like it? Is it particularly uncomfortable if you sit down on it for a while?

Or what kind of snafu seat is it?
Yes, it is a dunbar seat. It's not bad, I never really sit on it for long periods of time though. The rails bent in the first week though, and it looks like the staples are coming out underneath that hold the brown cover on. Kind of a cheaply made saddle I guess, but it looks cool.

Eatmyfood!

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
being able to sit down is important for me, because my bike is a predominant form of transportation for me, and I don't like having to stand up all the time

guess the dunbar is not for me then,