Quantcast

access data into excell?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
we have a very small, 3 table access DB that gets updated every so often w/ our schedule. we also have an excell document that has the same data that gets updated by hand as well.

is there a way to only enter this data once in the DB and then have it dumped into the excell doc. in the correct format?

it seems like there is a better way then entering the data twice....

gecko

I'm Batman
Jun 28, 2001
Toronto, Canada
Originally posted by pnj
we have a very small, 3 table access DB that gets updated every so often w/ our schedule. we also have an excell document that has the same data that gets updated by hand as well.

is there a way to only enter this data once in the DB and then have it dumped into the excell doc. in the correct format?

it seems like there is a better way then entering the data twice....
There's always a way. Might require hiring a pro to get it setup for you though. You'll likely need some sort of conversion script written.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Originally posted by gecko
There's always a way. Might require hiring a pro to get it setup for you though. You'll likely need some sort of conversion script written.
not worth hiring a pro. it's a very small DB. I just thought if someone knew a simple way I could make the lady happy that fills out both DB and the spreadsheet.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Originally posted by johnbryanpeters
From the menu:
Data | Import External Data | New Database Query

would be the starting point (This based on Office XP Professional SP1).

J
sweet!

although, I couldn't get it to fully work as the tables aren't joined.....:rolleyes:

something I might do down the road sometime. when I have time....

thanks

Toddly

Chimp
Aug 26, 2003
If you have a query or a table within the database there is a Section under Tools>Office Links > Analyse with Excel. I have used that before. It might help.