Quantcast

Access road to DEMO clear?

limitedslip

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
I rode there a few weeks ago and they said it would be all cleared up and ready to drive through in a couple weeks. Does anyone know the status? I'm planning a Westridge Trail shuttle ride this weekend if its all good, so any help will be much appreciated.

Raacerx

Monkey
exactly how far can I get up there with a shuttle? Feel free to PM me the answer, but Ive never once shuttled it, and with my knee the way it is, I can't do much climbing. Would love to get out there and do a longer downhill ride like Ridge.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Ridge? Ridge isn't really DH oriented. You mean like Sawpit? That's the most "DH" oriented trail out at Demo.

On a side note, you can shuttle up to the green gate. From there, it's less than 10 minutes to the top of Ridge. :)

Raacerx

Monkey
Ridge? Ridge isn't really DH oriented. You mean like Sawpit? That's the most "DH" oriented trail out at Demo.

On a side note, you can shuttle up to the green gate. From there, it's less than 10 minutes to the top of Ridge. :)
Oh killer. To be honest, I don't care much for the Demo trails. The climb out just kills it for me, Im a stoner. I mainly want to ride down into Nisene and end up in Aptos. Im recovering from 2 years of torn mcl so I also just want elevation and turns, don't care much for DH rough factor or anything.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Well, then maybe Braille is up your alley? That trail is a blast of an AM style trail, and the climb out isn't that bad.

And now that the road is open, you can park there, ride down, up Sulfer, down Braille, then back out. I think that's only like a 9 mile loop, total.

Bummer about your MCL from a few years ago... does it still give you issues?

Raacerx

Monkey
Well, then maybe Braille is up your alley? That trail is a blast of an AM style trail, and the climb out isn't that bad.

And now that the road is open, you can park there, ride down, up Sulfer, down Braille, then back out. I think that's only like a 9 mile loop, total.

Bummer about your MCL from a few years ago... does it still give you issues?
Maybe I am spoiled or lazy... I just want downhill and then to get in a truck and drive to some mexican food so I can grub down hard with a beer. ridge trail in my opinion, is boat loads of fun and long, with only a few little climbs. the mcl still gives me a lot of trouble, but it doesn't really affect my riding. Its just the day (or week) after that hurts. braille is fun, but i still don't get how i can avoid that climb out of there. or maybe I am confusing braille with another trail. ive only been out to Demo/Nisene like 4 times the entire 5 years ive lived here... Whats the best way to get the most elevation in a single ride that ends down in Aptos? I don't need jumps or berms, I just want trails. Ill be rocking a Nomad.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
A Nomad is a super capable bike, but you probably want shorter climbs on the other side of Santa Cruz... The climb out of Demo is long... something like 2.5 miles out of Braille, 3.0 miles out of Tractor, and 4.0 miles out of Sawpit... give or take.

Sawpit is a blast, but the ride out does, definitely, suck.