Quantcast

accident

tmoney727t

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
Madison, CT
I just got back. I was on the highway with two downhill bikes on the roof rack. One of them released somehow from my rack and bounched down the highway causing a VW passat to swerve and spin and finally hit his back right taillight, quarter panel, and bumper againt the guardrail. The bike did not directly hit his car. Should i sue thule? What should I do? My parents are gonna tkae away my car and my riding season is cancelled.
Thanks.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Your inability to secure the bike has no fault on the company that made the rack. I have put over 10k miles on my car with bikes attached and never lost a bike. Try accepting some personal responsibilty and own up the the fact that you probably did not attach the bike properly.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I gotta say, I have never lost a bike either from a rack and have done insane miles. This includes multiple across the continent trips. Maybe you should learn how to secure the bike properly??

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
Your inability to secure the bike has no fault on the company that made the rack. I have put over 10k miles on my car with bikes attached and never lost a bike. Try accepting some personal responsibilty and own up the the fact that you probably did not attach the bike properly.
:poster_oops:
im with Joker...sounds like it was probly user error...just own up to it and take responsibility...

tmoney727t

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
Madison, CT
Idk, I had the bike on there pretty securly, maybe it was the bik that was on there was a iron horse sgs with not a great place to secure the jaws thing to on the thule.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
when carrying a odd shaped bike on a roof rack you gotta take extra measures to secure it. I had a bmx bike on the old yakima lockjaw(rack not made for 20"s, and it fell off, but I the wheels secured to the rails, and it just dangled, I dont know how it didnt break the window

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
O, and by the way. SCREW PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!!!!!!!!!
I think the problem with most irresponsible people is their belief that they are somehow not at fault.

I respect that you acknowledge that you are an a-hole for trying to get something when it is obviously your fault.

On that note, I would not bother suing Thule. You would not be the first person who had a bike fall off a rack, and they would probably find a way to at least tie you up in court to make you go away.

tmoney727t

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
Madison, CT
haha, guys, I'm just kidding, I am paying for this accident out of my own pocket, it just sucks. I am angry that it happened, and tha tnow I cant get that new morewood izimu that I always wanted.