Quantcast

Across the country in a WRX

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i bought a car. unremarkable, no? well, this car was in new jersey... a few pics from the drive back to the chosen coast:

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Sweet ride. Whats the build because that intercooler, rims, tires, suspension doesn't look stock and I'm guessing it must be special to drive so far to get it. Or you're just a moron.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I was trying to work out why you were going to the airport to buy a car. Nice one anyway Toshi, sounds like a good trip.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
thanks, guys. more pics linked from my xanga: http://www.xanga.com/toshiclark . a rushmore closeup:

sorry, narlus, no pics of the hearing protector things. :D they look kinda like this tho:

partial mod list :D: VF34 @ 19 psi (altho i'm running at 14.7 at the moment), FMIC (as you can see), UTEC, 16" rotas, Kartboy short shifter, 3" BPM exhaust (do not ever buy one of these if you value your hearing), STi RA gears (buzzy! but quick), chattery 3 puck clutch

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
narlus said:
hey toshi, when you were gone did you feel it get any colder?

because i'm pretty certain hell froze over

:D
good lawd! never thought i'd see the day... isn't life nicer inside steve jobs' reality distortion field? :oink:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
thanks, sean.

mr. stone, yes, it has legit papers, registered to one owner since it was bought new in october 2001.

and congrats, luke :thumb: . it would have been saner to buy a stock car locally, but you only live once, eh?

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
Nice specs on the WRX toshi! I know you're all guiddy over it.

I couldn't afford a new WRX so I bought a new Saabaru. 6 wks later it already has 2800 miles.

Let the mods begin :evil:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
stinkyboy said:
Nice ride Toshi, but what are those first 2 pix? Ya dropping off a body at some Jersey smelting plant?
thanks. actually, they were of me dropping off a body near the south dakota border

:dead: :sneaky:

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
Toshi said:
thanks, sean.

mr. stone, yes, it has legit papers, registered to one owner since it was bought new in october 2001.

and congrats, luke :thumb: . it would have been saner to buy a stock car locally, but you only live once, eh?
lol that's true, i agree with you on that one. stock cars are just so much more cheap, that's why i went with it. i'll tell ya one thing, it won't be stock for long :D first mods for me is adjustable rear sway bar with new drop links, kartboy short throw shifter, then on to catless up pipe, downpipe, wheels and tires (haven't decided yet but i'm leaning towards rota, no idea on tires yet though) then probably some cobb springs :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
cool. go for forged wheels, function over price :D . why i flew to nj for this one was that it actually was cheap (well, $500 under book). even with gas ($385 to cross the country) and lodging figured in it's a decent deal, and much better than what was being offered locally. the mods were "free", paid for with fit issues in the interior and with a totally ghetto stereo. i was going to buy it stripped of all stereo gear but the guy was too lazy to pull out his old deck.

good choice on the kartboy btw. it's nice, almost like a miata's shifter.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Jersey. Some of the finest roads in the US are not there. It looks nice with the black wheels. If you ever want nice Sunday driving/sunny weather wheels check out the Work VS/XX

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
the Inbred said:
ooooo.....niiiiiiice. i'd like to consider an STi, but i belive insurance would kick my ass, even with a clear record.

--edit--

oh damn....black WRX http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=826864&page=1&pp=25
nice STi, ZEDMAN. :thumb: be careful with that thing!

that car in the link looks nice, but i'm not a fan of headlight/taillight covering in general. i (the previous owner) paid good $$ to swap out the headlights for HIDs, and i'm not going to diminish their output :D . altho other drivers probably would like that -- i got flashed by probably 10% of drivers i passed at night even tho i was using "low" beams, in quotes since, uh, there is no high beam setting any more after the conversion.

BillT

Monkey
Nice car! I have an '02 WRX wagon and love it. I had intended to do all sorts of mods to it but came the realization that I can only support 1 hobby and biking won. I did do an uppipe, catback, swaybar, endlinks, and some silicone hoses - all of which really helped with the feel of the car. I've had a set of steering rack bushings sitting in my garage for over a year now but haven't been motivated enough to install them.