Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Other

Votes: 38 70.4%

• Total voters

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was too was a good boy in high school. College was another story, although I found vandalism to be too amateur. I can't really go into details as the authorities still may want to prosecute.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
where i lived most people had brick mail boxes so I didn't smash too many mailboxes. i used to break into chapels in cemeteries. lots of cemeteries in the country. also did a lot of golf course vandalism and vandalizing new, empty houses. Now that I think back on it, there were lots of people that hated me. I deserved to get my ass kicked. You just don't think about all the grief you cause people and the monetary damage you do when you are 14.

ChuMaiWang

Chimp
Jun 30, 2006
Some folks take it a little overboard...

WELL,being out in the country doesn't help much...nobody mess's w/ my cars because my house is about 300 yrds off the road but i did leave for work the other day and as i drove out the gate,i noticed my mailbox was gone.....it and the post where lying in the middle of the road prolly 50 yrds from where usually stands....no biggie just a lil steel post and a cheap ass mail box....i could see where the drove off the road just to plow through it.........and many others on the highway back into town.......well,i buried a 10" piece of pipe about 8 ft into the ground and filled that b1tch full of concrete,then surrounded it w/ some cheap'o looking siding.....something that looks like it'd be fun to run over.........next time they plow through my mailbox,they'll still be sitting there when i come out to go to work..........

I have heard of kids dieing because of things like this. One point, the kids should not have been doing it and deserved it.
But I think most poeple have done something similar as a kid.
Fine line here...

Damn Rednecks

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
You forgot the poll option for "Gave a mod negative rep for deleting a thread, but gave it to the wrong mod". Wouldn't want Chunky Munkey to feel left out. :rofl:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
douglas said:
do sporks count?
they probably wouldn't stick as far down in the ground, but i don't see why not. I prefer toilet papering the grass and then spraying dish soap all over the toilet paper so its virtually impossible to get up.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
art, no matter whose property its on

West Bank, Palestine 2005.

"The security barrier separating the occupied territories from Israel is over 450 miles long and 38ft high. It was deemed illegal by the International Court of Justice but construction by the Israeli government continues."

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
laura said:
where i lived most people had brick mail boxes so I didn't smash too many mailboxes. i used to break into chapels in cemeteries. lots of cemeteries in the country. also did a lot of golf course vandalism and vandalizing new, empty houses. Now that I think back on it, there were lots of people that hated me. I deserved to get my ass kicked. You just don't think about all the grief you cause people and the monetary damage you do when you are 14.
Why is that when laura finally admits to killing a guy none of us are going to be surprised? :rofl:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
ChuMaiWang said:
I have heard of kids dieing because of things like this.
Who the hell runs into a mail box? Smash 'em, okay, but run directly into them with your car?

You have no idea what the pole is made out of or how deep it goes into the ground. Anyone dies because of that, and I'm chalking it up a prime example of Darwinism.

We used to get our mailbox smashed all the time when I was young (8 or 9). My dad bought a pressure treated 6x6, buried it several feet down in concrete, and surrounded the mailbox with 2x2 lengths of wood. A couple weeks later we found a sledgehammer-sized small indent in the side of the wooden cage, and a bunch of car window glass all over the ground next to it. Guess they tried to take it out anyway :p

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
laura said:
art, no matter whose property its on

West Bank, Palestine 2005.

"The security barrier separating the occupied territories from Israel is over 450 miles long and 38ft high. It was deemed illegal by the International Court of Justice but construction by the Israeli government continues."
very large stencils

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
stevew said:
very large stencils

those pieces just incorporate stenciling. They are primarily spraycan (and probably rollers as well), and the second one probably uses wheatpasting as well (NOBODY can paint that photorealistic - the portion in the window)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
binary visions said:
Who the hell runs into a mail box? Smash 'em, okay, but run directly into them with your car?

You have no idea what the pole is made out of or how deep it goes into the ground. Anyone dies because of that, and I'm chalking it up a prime example of Darwinism.
The only mailbox I was ever involved in vandalizing we used my buddy's Blazer to push it over. He didn't go full bore - just drove up to it, put the front against it, and pushed it over.

Of course, his Chevy badge fell off and the cops traced it to his truck...... that was the beginning and end of our mailbox vandalizing days. :rolleyes:

We TP'd a biology teacher's house one night and at some point someone determined he was out for the evening, so we proceeded to stack about a face cord of wood in front of his front door. :rofl:

ChuMaiWang

Chimp
Jun 30, 2006
binary visions said:

I hear ya. "If you are gonna do something, do it right!!"
I would do the same (or similar) if folks were messing with my stuff. Sad thing is, some lawyer would probably try and sue.

:help:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
jonKranked said:
dunno about you, but i wouldn't exactly be upset if I woke up and found this on a building i own:
True, but I am guessing in the grafitti world there are more hacks than artists.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
that's why i made the disclaimer (although too subtly) about "true" graffiti. I have seen some amazing pieces. I've got a book called "graffiti world" - its a photo book of graffiti murals from around the world. some truly amazing artwork in there.

and yes, i hate seeing someone just scribble their name, or do a pi$$-poor job of a tag (i'm not a fan of tags. murals rule)

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
So no one blew stuff up? Entire small towns woke up in the middle of the night due to some of our shenanigans. You couldn't even tell something was a mailbox by the time we were done with it. Oh, the stuff you couldn't even remotely get away with today...poor kids.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
peter6061 said:
So no one blew stuff up? Entire small towns woke up in the middle of the night due to some of our shenanigans. You couldn't even tell something was a mailbox by the time we were done with it. Oh, the stuff you couldn't even remotely get away with today...poor kids.

I did plenty of that.

You know what a "cratermaker" is? We taped a load of them together with rocket fuses....wow man.

Alfred

Monkey
Jul 27, 2006
I was pulled from a car while trying to smash a mailbox with a wine bottle. I then bounced off of a mailbox with a pipe and cracked the back window. I then split my hand open while swinging a bat at mailboxes.

I quit screwing with mailboxes.

Our big deal was pushing garbage cans over with cars. We would also push shopping carts with the front of the car, counter steering to drive it into stuff. After we hit some cars, we stopped.

Alfred

Monkey
Jul 27, 2006
We would also gather real estate signs and make graveyards on people's lawns with them. Our best effort was just over 100 signs in the town ho's yard.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Me and Partsy set fire to an abandoned motorbike one day. Damn Honda Harley's those things deserve to burn. Call it a community service.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
valve bouncer said:
Me and Partsy set fire to an abandoned motorbike one day. Damn Honda Harley's those things deserve to burn. Call it a community service.
How may years ago was that?

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
OOops, I have been doing some work in the Finance Industry, I thought we were discussing Delinquency and how it is related to Frequency and Severity of loss.

Never mind.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
None of the above, in HS or college. I never thought it was cool to damage other people's stuff. The only "damage" I can remember doing to personal property was peeing in my roommate's shampoo & conditioner in college, cause she was a major b!tch. And I still think it's funny... :devil: