Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Other

Votes: 38 70.4%

• Total voters

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
It must have been a while ago. Coming back from a race the other day, we were driving past one of the border fireworks stores, and though I had an urge to stop AND my wife's permission, I drove right past.

Guess I'm not the pyro I once was. (I guess that's a good thing)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
peter6061 said:
It must have been a while ago. Coming back from a race the other day, we were driving past one of the border fireworks stores, and though I had an urge to stop AND my wife's permission, I drove right past.

Guess I'm not the pyro I once was. (I guess that's a good thing)

I done blow'd stuff up too. After the Oklahoma City Bombing I had friends call to make sure I wasn't "out west".

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I did alot of bad things as a kid, WTF is "fork a yard"?

Mailbox baseball was fun, we discovered the joys of paintball guns for a while and blew up a few mailboxes here and there with M-80's and such. Ahhhh the lazy days of childhood...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
antimony said:
None of the above, in HS or college. I never thought it was cool to damage other people's stuff.
:stupid:

always been busy enough that i didn't feel the need to run around making more of a mess of things

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
johnbryanpeters said:
Firing up bulldozers at a construction site in the middle of the night...
Pipe bombs...
Poison gas...
Driving unregistered, uninsured, no license...
Boosting a case of beer from a fallout shelter...
This isnt the "Reliving your WWI" battle stories thread JBP :rofl:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
johnbryanpeters said:
Firing up bulldozers at a construction site in the middle of the night...
Pipe bombs...
Poison gas...
Driving unregistered, uninsured, no license...
Boosting a case of beer from a fallout shelter...
I knew you were old but old enough to be in the Hitler Youth?

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
DRB said:
Though not much of a speller :rofl:

I still stand by my statement. When you admit to killing somebody, no one here is going to bat an eye at that.

I butchered that one right? One letter off. For someone who wouldn't be surprised if I was a psychopathic killer, you sure do enjoy poking the bear.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
laura said:
I butchered that one right? One letter off. For someone who wouldn't be surprised if I was a psychopathic killer, you sure do enjoy poking the bear.
I think there are more bear than sheep where DRB lives. Gotta work with what god gave ya.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Other:
Stole some 50 or so Christmas Wreaths off doors, mail boxes, light poles, then arranged them to cover the porch and lawn of a friend who didn't have one.

His folks called the cops and they collected them, then ran an ad in the paper "If you are missing a wreath, come identify it at the station during business hours..."

The thought of a bunch of people at the cop shop identifying missing wreaths was the funniest part.

Cop: Can you identify your wreath?
Person: Yes, it's green, round, made of holly...
Cop: Is it any one of these 50?

:rofl:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Smashing mailboxes was just destroying other peoples property.
But "borrowing" their mailboxes was just good fun.

During one night of youthful indescretion, we gathered enough mailboxes to go to the local "circle" which was a hangout in a cul de sac of a local neighborhood. Anyway, we had enough mailboxes to make a big smiley face with them. A John Deere tractor mailbox was the nose. Good times.

All the people got their mailboxes back the next day too.:)

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Jeremy R said:
Smashing mailboxes was just destroying other peoples property.
But "borrowing" their mailboxes was just good fun.

During one night of youthful indescretion, we gathered enough mailboxes to go to the local "circle" which was a hangout in a cul de sac of a local neighborhood. Anyway, we had enough mailboxes to make a big smiley face with them. A John Deere tractor mailbox was the nose. Good times.

All the people got their mailboxes back the next day too.:)
So disappointed in you.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Ciaran said:
I did alot of bad things as a kid, WTF is "fork a yard"?

Mailbox baseball was fun, we discovered the joys of paintball guns for a while and blew up a few mailboxes here and there with M-80's and such. Ahhhh the lazy days of childhood...

pretty sure it's a p.c. spelling of "phvqved a yard"

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
laura said:
I'm quite a pacisfist.
you'll have an easier time sellin that story to those who haven't seen this thread.

if that's the stuff you'll admit to openly, one can only wonder what other mischievious deeds you accomplished. :)

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
DRB said:
So disappointed in you.
Dude, I did everything in your entire poll, constantly.
But most of it does not need to be told here.

I did learn some tips though:

1) Mailbox baseball is not like regular baseball. If you follow through with your swing, you will dent your car. Especially not a good idea when you are in your friends stepfather's company car with an AC/DC tape stuck in the cassette deck.

2) When throwing cinder blocks through windows, it is best not to hit the same place twice, two nights in a row. The getaway will not go as smooth.

3) When stealing your grandfather's truck to attend a cheerleader sleepover before you have obtained a driver's license, make sure the truck driver father of said cheerleader does not come home, chase you from his house, find out where you live and rat you out to your parents in the middle of the night. (No regrets here though.)

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Jeremy R said:
Dude, I did everything in your entire poll, constantly.
But most of it does not need to be told here.

I did learn some tips though:

1) Mailbox baseball is not like regular baseball. If you follow through with your swing, you will dent your car. Especially not a good idea when you are in your friends stepfather's company car with an AC/DC tape stuck in the cassette deck.

2) When throwing cinder blocks through windows, it is best not to hit the same place twice, two nights in a row. The getaway will not go as smooth.

3) When stealing your grandfather's truck to attend a cheerleader sleepover before you have obtained a driver's license, make sure the truck driver father of said cheerleader does not come home, chase you from his house, find out where you live and rat you out to your parents in the middle of the night. (No regrets here though.)
You are redeemed.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
dhbuilder said:
you'll have an easier time sellin that story to those who haven't seen this thread.

if that's the stuff you'll admit to openly, one can only wonder what other mischievious deeds you accomplished. :)

christ almighty it was 10 years ago and i was on drugs like all the time.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Stole Street Signs
Egged House or Car
Rolled House with TP
Forked a Yard
Locked people's cars to their mailboxes
Also tried to steal a political billboard once and put it in someone's yard... that didn't go over too well.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
laura said:
christ almighty it was 10 years ago and i was on drugs like all the time.

just think of all the trouble you'd have gotten into if Jeremy R had been your neighbor in ya'll's vandalous youth.

bonnie and clyde would've had nothin on you two. :rofl:

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
Egged
TP
Forked
Stole road signs

Got chased by someone's dad carrying a shotgun (yeah, i grew up in TX...) after we Oreo'd their driveway and garage door. Can't remember what we spelled out, but you pull the oreo apart and the filling makes for excellent adherence to most surfaces. :D His dad came out as we were finishing up and we had to haul a$$ down to where the car was parked. Think that was my best sprint ever :rofl:

before i got my license we also spent a summer sneaking into people's swimming pools in the middle of the night. not that we didn't have our own pool in the backyard or anything :rolleyes:

be-radd

Chimp
May 31, 2004
O-town
in high school me and my friends would go house bashing. we would usually be pretty loaded for this, and would walk/stumble around the neighborhood at about 2 or 3 am. find a house with a exposed wall usually in the back yard, then we would all run full speed into the house and bash into the side. it was funny to see the lights turn on and people come out to see what just happened.
we also had a hand in all the stuff in the poll. we made the city paper a few times for mail box bashing, which i cant say to much more about, we chilled out after that. our favorite thing to do was to get old chairs or whatever large objects people were throwing out loaded them in the back of a friends pickup truck, get up to about 90 or so then throw it out the back usally on a back road at someones mail box. we used the anarchist cookbook a lot to. and i probley shouldent talk about anything else we did.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
drunken mailbox bashing
drunken steer roping from a pickup
drunken muddin down county roads and ditches in a John Deere 4440
drunken dirt biking around city streets on a loud ass 2 stroke 250
drunken hill/pond dam climbing in a subaru brat
drunken cutting brodies in the town's rodeo arena
jumping the fence at the school to borrow the swimming pool
drunken road sledding, this involves tying a tractor tire to the bumper of a vehicle and 2 or 3 of ya get in the tire whilst someone drags yer ass around the dirt roads
throwing bricks at road signs
throwing ketchup packets at oncoming traffic
throwing ketchup tubs over aisles at wal mart
shopping cart aerobatics, someone grabs a shopping cart out the side door of a van, haul ass across the parking lot and plow shopping cart into curb, they can gain a lot of altitude and do a lot of flips

riding our dirtbikes up the motel stairs to get to our rooms
using county road maintenance equipment at night, drunk
using oilfield dozers for some dirt work, at night, drunk
stopping to pickup hitchhikers, then right when they get to the car, takeoff
pickle races down mcdonald's plate glass windows

I'm sure there's more

Liquid10

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Never stole signs or anything, but there was
Lots of 4x4 trespassing/property destruction (yards, playing fields, protected streams etc :devil: )
Launching fireworks out of a moving truck, usually late at night at houses.

The sad thing is looking back on all of this I still think it was pretty funny :rofl:

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
The "other" portion involves the anarchists cookbook....

I had this sideyard that was pretty big growing up. Everyday about 3pm about 500 crows would congregate on the lawn to socialize or eat.... (or whatever crows do...). One day, I decided to cook up something from the handbook with a friend of mine...good thing it uses a lot of common household ingredients! Set a crude time-release device up and 5 minutes after setting it, the ingredients mixed, creating a form of what I can only guess was mustard or chlorine gas.... The yard was slightly downhill and the gas was slightly heavier than air (Thankfully!!!). So as my friend and I stood on my raised deck with t-shirts over our mouth and nose (prolly wouldn't of made a difference...), we watched as the gas spread over the yard. In 5 minutes, almost every single crow was dead and slightly seared...it was gross....Don't have a crow problem anymore though.

I got my golf swing down though...whackin' the dead carcasses into the woods that my house bordered...To this day, my dad wonders why grass won't grow on that side of the house. I told him it must be a leak of something wierd up the hill...so far, so good....Of course the more I think of it, he's never asked about all the nasty feathers that were left over....

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Secret Squirrel said:

I had this sideyard that was pretty big growing up. Everyday about 3pm about 500 crows would congregate on the lawn to socialize or eat.... (or whatever crows do...). One day, I decided to cook up something from the handbook with a friend of mine...good thing it uses a lot of common household ingredients! Set a crude time-release device up and 5 minutes after setting it, the ingredients mixed, creating a form of what I can only guess was mustard or chlorine gas.... The yard was slightly downhill and the gas was slightly heavier than air (Thankfully!!!). So as my friend and I stood on my raised deck with t-shirts over our mouth and nose (prolly wouldn't of made a difference...), we watched as the gas spread over the yard. In 5 minutes, almost every single crow was dead and slightly seared...it was gross....Don't have a crow problem anymore though.

I got my golf swing down though...whackin' the dead carcasses into the woods that my house bordered...To this day, my dad wonders why grass won't grow on that side of the house. I told him it must be a leak of something wierd up the hill...so far, so good....Of course the more I think of it, he's never asked about all the nasty feathers that were left over....
You are another that no one will be shocked when we find out that you have in fact killed someone.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
Secret Squirrel said:

Your entire post could be an excerpt from Jeffrey Dahmer's autobiography. Did you "cuddle" up to roadkill on the side of the street as well? :rofl:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i must be a boring kid. i've never done anything on the list. i just don't find it all that funny or cool i guess.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
gnurider1080 said:
i must be a boring kid. i've never done anything on the list. i just don't find it all that funny or cool i guess.

You must not drink enough.

I've done a fair share of this, but i'd rather not say, because....ya know

Alfred

Monkey
Jul 27, 2006
I think my favorite was when my friend worked at Kentucky Fried Chicken. We went and stole cases of chicken seasoning, parfait cups and grease tubes. While we were there a ton of cop sirens start going. We thought we were screwed, but later followed them to watch a riot on the not so good side of town. We then drove around eating parfaits until we puked, tossing grease tubes out at 50 mph onto people's windshields.

We would also get the thrown out donuts so we could throw the filled ones at cars. We also ate those until we puked in most instances.