Quantcast

~~~Actual calendar Friday GMT~~~

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
I expect everyones probably either on their holiday weekend or not too far from it. Lucky if I'm here till noon today. Stop to get beer and new charcoal burning grill on the way home, then sit back and enjoy being an independent colony from Britan.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Good morning! Practically the only person in the whole office. Its almost 7:30 and the lights aren't even on yet!

Worked on my photography skills, or lack there of, last night. Close to pulling the trigger on a 50mm prime.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Worked on my photography skills, or lack there of, last night. Close to pulling the trigger on a 50mm prime.
Awesome! ....I've got some pennies put back for a 35mm f2.8 prime myself.

Good Morning!!

It is a beeeee-you--teee-fulll day out there!! It's in the freakin 60's this morning and we're only going to get to the mid-80's today!! A really nice break from the heatwave we've been surfing for the last few weeks.

The little guy is off to the in-laws tonight, so the wife and I get to reset back to pre-kid days for a little while. :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
was too tired and still trying to overcome a head cold/sore throat to catch #s 4 and 5 of the Cremaster Cycle last night...i guess i'll have to wait a few more years until I may get another chance. oh well.

getting ready for vacation next week. huzzah!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Do it. I've got a Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 and at f/1.4 it's great to have such low light capabilities, but then stop it down and it's got great color/contrast/sharpness. It's not the lens I use most but I almost always toss it in my bag/pocket when I go somewhere.

Got a bunch of stuff to wrap up today before the holiday - my project gets validated next week, then released to the customer the week after. Nice :thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
if you can handle the increase, i'd suggest the Sigma 30 f/1.4 lens...great lens for a crop body, and really it's not all that much different in image quality to the far pricier Canon 35 f/1.4 (i've owned and used both extensively).

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Strep throat continues, albeit at a lower level. My new DH bike is/was built in a feverish pitch! Exhausting trail ride on it last night to dial in suspension. Work today. Plattekill race Sat/Sun - that whole place will most likely explode with the amount of fireworks people'll be bringing...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning!
Just polished off a killer breakfast burrito, drinkin' mah coffee, and working on some billing. Today is going to be AWESOME, and the weekend even awesomer.

:banana: