Quantcast

Ad infinitum from Yeti

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Sometimes I wonder if there's a german out there quietly designing the most complex and convoluted suspension system out there. VPP lower link, connected to a horst setup, which rotates on an eccentric cam to pull a car on a rail and actuate a cam which pulls a pull shock....on a rising rate linkage.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Sometimes I wonder if there's a german out there quietly designing the most complex and convoluted suspension system out there. VPP lower link, connected to a horst setup, which rotates on an eccentric cam to pull a car on a rail and actuate a cam which pulls a pull shock....on a rising rate linkage.
http://www.nicolai.net/

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
jan karpiel has been off the radar for quite some time...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have a friend AJ Linnell who has been crushing the National Singlespeed circuit on that fork all year. He loves it (but knows it's limitations as a 29-Er race type fork). he is a great rider.
let's stop the gravy train for a second.

national.

singlespeed.

"circuit".

if the SSWC in alaska is any indication, this is not something to be taken seriously.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I have a friend AJ Linnell who has been crushing the National Singlespeed circuit on that fork all year. He loves it (but knows it's limitations as a 29-Er race type fork). he is a great rider.
as much as I geek out on linkage forks, I can't believe that thing is rideable without a damper.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Just to make sure I'm not sniped by Brad Flynn or joeg, I want to formally release some prior art on RM. I call this study in engineering brilliance the V12 Slider:

A few key points:

* vertical wheel travel is so 20th and early 21st century, and clearly an inefficient way to smash the gnar
* pure, unmitigated horizontal wheel travel is the future - this design actually accelerates through flat rock gardens
* massive, uncontrolled growth is always the right answer when you're talking about chest hair, erections, and bicycle chains
* lightweight design that jettisons those cumbersome damping cans
* highly variable wheelbase is perfect for cornering

I will also freely admit a degree of surprise I have not heard back from SCB when they advertised an open design engineer position. I've forwarded this design to Peat, Rob and Joe along with my application, so I can only assume they're still trying to find the money for my exorbitant salary (just really hope they're not going to have to let Ratboy or Greg go).

joeg

I have some obvious biases
Jul 20, 2011
Santa Cruz CA
I will also freely admit a degree of surprise I have not heard back from SCB when they advertised an open design engineer position. I've forwarded this design to Peat, Rob and Joe along with my application, so I can only assume they're still trying to find the money for my exorbitant salary (just really hope they're not going to have to let Ratboy or Greg go).
It must have got caught in my spam filter bro! Seriously, we are hiring! We need talent like this.
its my goal to have enough time and rob's money to build more retarded sh!t like this. Having a full time staff and lab dedicated to stupid bike development. (other companies have this already, but don't see the irony in what they are doing). You, jackalope, could be the cornerstone of this endeavor.

use the keyword in the subject line to get past the spam filter algorithm: Kashimarection (its trademarked already, so don't bother)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Everytime somebody says "rides like it has more travel than it does", a horse takes a dump in the middle of your favorite trail.

Soon people will be saying, "but the travel is really centralized, so you don't notice that it's only got 3 inches"

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Everytime somebody says "rides like it has more travel than it does", a horse takes a dump in the middle of your favorite trail.

Soon people will be saying, "but the travel is really centralized, so you don't notice that it's only got 3 inches"
every time you post, a puppy grows a colon polyp

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007

your statement is really lighter than it actually is.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
That shaft is a gunk magnet.
sh|t, i ride in a 99.9% gunkless environment and i would not give that second look at all after a ride. especially considering it contains nothing you'd be worried about losing - oil, air, dampeningening. plus the gunk line lets you know how much infinity you used. :p

maybe i missed it, but i am curious why they decided to use a standard metal DU instead of the poly bushings they started using years ago for eyelets. maybe with the DU not seeing rotation like an eyelet they felt it wasn't necessary?

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
That ain't sheeit.

You can tell who never rides in dust. I get the same looking thing around my headset, rear shock, fork stancions......basically anywhere there was ever any fluid or grease.

All that is, is dust getting swiped away by the seals on that dick in a box. It's doing its job.

That's not a 'gunk magnet' that's a recently assembled/serviced part being taken out on a dusty trail. One wipe and it won't do it again until it gets worked on again. Like its next hot grease injection.

Last edited: