Quantcast

ad this to my bucket list!

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Yeah, what they're probably not showing you in this vid is how many times they smacked the front side of one of those ridge walls.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i've looked into this, these guys are all very experienced sky divers. same with the wingsuit guys. you have to make like 500 solo jumps in 2 years or something nutty

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Ive seen fools do that on the back side of alpine. pretty trippy to be hittin some pow and have a skiier fly above you?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
i've looked into this, these guys are all very experienced sky divers. same with the wingsuit guys. you have to make like 500 solo jumps in 2 years or something nutty
Not to mention the death rate is still pretty high. I remember reading some statistics about 7 or 9 people dead i 3 years. That's a bit much for a sport so few participate in.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
There is a big difference between base jumping with skis (skiing off a massive cliff with a chute) and speed flying (what you see in these videos.

I have a few friends who speed fly out here and anyone can do it. It helps if you can ski and it helps if you can parapente (paraglide).

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
It helps if you can ski and it helps if you can parapente (paraglide).
Ya think??

But as far as "anyone" can do it, I think you're being pretty generous with "anyone." And as far as being on the bucket list, most people should probably put this down on the bottom because it'll be their actual bucket.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Cool video but kinda a shame to do all that skinning up just to fly over all that good snow.
And I liked that music
That looks SO fun! But I agreem it is a shame to miss the pow. I would like the little extra air time off of the cliffs though... really small chute?