Quantcast

Adamant A1 - Sizing

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Is anyone familiar with Adamant frames? I'm thinking of getting back into trials and found a long A1. At 5'6", I wonder if it'll be too big for me? 1095mm wheelbase vs 1075mm. What'cha think?

size long: wheelbase 1095 / chainstays length 375 / bb rise 30 / headtube 100 / head angle 71 °

size short: wheelbase 1075 / chainstays length 375 / bb rise 15 / headtube 100 / head angle 71 °

Last edited:

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
I'd go short, unless you have some compelling reason to want a longer wheelbase or reach.

If you have been more comfortable on longer bikes in the past or you expect to be riding primarily more natural terrain where the longer frame would be an advantage, then it may work better for you. If you want the higher BB, that's a factor as well.

I had a long Gu (listed at 1100wb), and it felt okay. The higher BB (+60) seemed to help offset the length. If you are not used to a really high BB, the short with the +15 may be more comfortable as well.

pedalkicker

Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
earth
Is anyone familiar with Adamant frames? I'm thinking of getting back into trials and found a long A1. At 5'6", I wonder if it'll be too big for me? 1095mm wheelbase vs 1075mm. What'cha think?

size long: wheelbase 1095 / chainstays length 375 / bb rise 30 / headtube 100 / head angle 71 °

size short: wheelbase 1075 / chainstays length 375 / bb rise 15 / headtube 100 / head angle 71 °
So what's the verdict? Did u get it?

I'm also your size and think this would be a sick frame!

I'm partial to seats, I like trials moves but I'm more streety trials. Or at least that's the style I try to ride :biggrin:

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
So what's the verdict? Did u get it?

I'm also your size and think this would be a sick frame!

I'm partial to seats, I like trials moves but I'm more streety trials. Or at least that's the style I try to ride :biggrin:
Dang that's a purdy frame. What's the verdict? LOL, I bought a Flatland BMX bike instead! hahah, I did trials a long time ago but have always wanted to learn flatland. I figured, why get back into it when I can learn a new discipline.

I feel like a clown riding this tiny 20" flatland bike around. :(