Quantcast

Adapter, bluetooth to stereo preamp input?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I have one of these connected to my yamaha receiver. Works a treat- I have it plugged into the back of the receiver so it turns on when I turn on the stereo and off I go. I am happy to check the brand for you, it was a gift so I don't have a record of it (if you don't just snag one of the BV choices above).

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Those logitech Bluetooth adapters are cheap and shit.
I don't think they have been updated since they were released so you are stuck using a really old codec and sound quality suffers.

Plus they can be a pain in the bum, I couldn't stop phones auto connecting to it so each time it was used I had to click forget device at the end.

If anybody in Australia wants one you can have mine.

I now have a Bluesound Node which is almost as frustrating but at 10X the price. But, thanks to Samsung TV's not having variable output over fibre optic it was my only option, as my amp only has optical and Wi-Fi inputs.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Those logitech Bluetooth adapters are cheap and shit.
I don't think they have been updated since they were released so you are stuck using a really old codec and sound quality suffers.

Plus they can be a pain in the bum, I couldn't stop phones auto connecting to it so each time it was used I had to click forget device at the end.

If anybody in Australia wants one you can have mine.

I now have a Bluesound Node which is almost as frustrating but at 10X the price. But, thanks to Samsung TV's not having variable output over fibre optic it was my only option, as my amp only has optical and Wi-Fi inputs.
I like my Node, but do not use bluetooth with it.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I like my Node, but do not use bluetooth with it.
Neither do I but there is an issue that I can't sort out and sometimes the only way to make it work is to pull the power and reboot.
For some reason mine will refuse to change inputs at times, sometimes you can use the buttons on the unit to sort it out, other times you can't.

It would be nice if the power button on the remote turned the unit off but it just seems to be a second pause button. It is also the worst remote I have use since the 90s, if you are 10deg off axis with the unit it won't receive squat.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Neither do I but there is an issue that I can't sort out and sometimes the only way to make it work is to pull the power and reboot.
For some reason mine will refuse to change inputs at times, sometimes you can use the buttons on the unit to sort it out, other times you can't.

It would be nice if the power button on the remote turned the unit off but it just seems to be a second pause button. It is also the worst remote I have use since the 90s, if you are 10deg off axis with the unit it won't receive squat.
I don't use their remote as it lets you teach it using any remote.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I don't use their remote as it lets you teach it using any remote.
Yeah it's still jot the remote that is the main issue, it is set so the TV is the priority so if you turn the TV on it should auto switch.
Sometimes that doesn't happen and when it fucks up you can't select any other input.

If I got an LG TV I would have been fine as my amp has WiFi streaming and optical in but I had to buy the node as Samsung don't have variable output over optical, it sucks.