Quantcast

Adhesive hose routing

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Any btdt with external hose routing? I’d like to swap brakes on my trail bike but it has internal routing and requires a massive hose to reach the rear. If I can route externally, I can use brakes I already have. There seems to be a few options out there, but I’m not sure what to get.

Hose is hydraulic, formula. Bike is carbon and not round

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Make a figure 8 with a large zip tie, short zip tie and a piece of tubing.

I'd recommend these for the large ties but I assume you have a garbage can of used ones you will tack together.

Also: electrical tape

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I've had them on my carbon hardtail for 8-9 years now. Still stuck, and even at weird/uneven surfaces and the hoses/cable housing wanting to pull them off in some spots.

I've had them elsewhere and they peel off no problem if needed. At least the version I have came with a thin foam-based adhesive that "rolls" off. A thin VHB tape would also be a good option.

10/10 would recommend, if needed.
IMG_20210322_230219211_resize_75.jpg
IMG_20210322_230202361_resize_50.jpg

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I've had them on my carbon hardtail for 8-9 years now. Still stuck, and even at weird/uneven surfaces and the hoses/cable housing wanting to pull them off in some spots.

I've had them elsewhere and they peel off no problem if needed. At least the version I have came with a thin foam-based adhesive that "rolls" off. A thin VHB tape would also be a good option.

View attachment 158090View attachment 158091
Bike geekery mode - an On One, based on the 456 decal?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Bike geekery mode - an On One, based on the 456 decal?
Yup....built it up in 2011/2012 and think it has maybe 100miles on it. My ass was not ready (heh) for a carbon hardtail after exclusively AL full suspension frames up to that point. I remember reading 1 review online that said it was especially stiff (heh) compared to most other hardtails that were comparable, too.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Make a figure 8 with a large zip tie, short zip tie and a piece of tubing.

I'd recommend these for the large ties but I assume you have a garbage can of used ones you will tack together.

Also: electrical tape
while you aren’t wrong, those rubber zips are awesome and might solve the issue I have with using zip ties...micro movements that wear the frames finish over time. Not a big deal on an ugly frame, but as it’s carbon I worry about it damaging the frame over time. My frame is basically a carbon mini Sunday, so the routing is the same. I used zip ties on that and got a lot of rubbing

a quick google turns up that both problem solvers and jagwire make adhesive based brake hose clips for frames. they are sandwich approved pricing. no first hand experience though.

I too can google. I’m interested in which ones don’t suck. You know me, so it’s usually whatever crap is on Amazon.

View attachment 158090View attachment 158091
Any idea what brand those are? Jagwire, problem solvers?