Quantcast

Adjustable seat post people...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
for mine, i have it on the left side of the bar (no front derailler tho). and its on top of the bar. out of the way so there's no accidental bumps, but close enough its easily accessible.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This.

I've got a Reverb. No play.
to be fair, i picked mine up second hand. I wasn't sure if it was gonna be something i liked or not. After thrashing on it all season, its probably due for a rebuild anyways. The play did become more noticeable over time. Its still only a few mm at the nose of the saddle though.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
to clarify, I'd absolutely use a remote if (a) it functioned smoothly without a massive cable housing loop and (b) the lever was minimal, more so that what I've got now.

Either way, I can't see not having an adjustable post ever again on my trail bike.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
to be fair, i picked mine up second hand. I wasn't sure if it was gonna be something i liked or not. After thrashing on it all season, its probably due for a rebuild anyways. The play did become more noticeable over time. Its still only a few mm at the nose of the saddle though.
Yah - same here. But the guy I bought it from is a bit of a stickler for maintenance... which is good. :D

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
bought a hilo and a fresh thompson clamp today - i guess you will see me flying all over the trail on my face because im using the seat lever.

thanks for the feedback folks

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
This thread is so full of randomness. There's a lots of room for improvement in adjustable seatposts...

To add to the randomness, I'll give my 2cents: My Reverb has been completely flawless. MINIMAL play. I mean, minimal. The hydro cable is the best part of it's design. No stupid cable to rust or drag. Then there's the infinite adjustment... It's never coming off my bike, unless they make one that drops 150mm.

I ran Gravity Droppers before this and loved them too, but searching for the middle positions to click in was super annoying. I won't mention their aesthetics.

Good luck with your Hilo. It's always looked really good to me...